Raveness

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2002
I have a new Dell laptop that I just got about a couple of months ago, and with it, I also received a Dell Windows XP CD-ROM and a Dell drivers and utilities CD-ROM. I know that the XP disc that I got can only be used on Dell. My question is, can my Dell's XP be used on another Dell laptop (which is a friend's)? My Dell is the Inspiron 8200 and the other is the Inspiron 4000 series. And if if I can, will it prompt me to register and activate XP for that laptop? When I reinstalled mine, nowhere during or after the installation did it prompt me to register or activate it.

Can someone please answer to this simple question (one that I obviously can't figure out).

Thanks!

<b><font color=blue>"May the wings of angels surround and protect you from all the worries
and fears as you walk into the fog of reality."</font color=blue></b>

Raveness

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2002
Ok, cool, well I can go to KazAa and download XP. Is it the full version? Need I register/activate it?

And still curious, would my XP CD from Dell work on another Dell?

Thanks for the info.

<b><font color=blue>"May the wings of angels surround and protect you from all the worries

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
...dell sux

Dungeons and Dragons Famous Last Words:
"C'mon DM,let's see some REAL monsters!" And then you turn the corner as the Dungeon Master chuckles... DM: "It hits and... Oh hold on... I need more dice"

Raveness

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2002
Yeah, Dell might not be the greatest, but when you can get it for free (brand new), then why not?