Can't decide on which monitor to get

noblesx

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Stuggling to decide between the following:
Asus VE278Q
Dell U2412M
Hazro HZ27WC

Would either use DVI-D or DP connections.
I do a lot of office/internet work, the remainder is split between watching/editing HD movies and photos, and then gaming is about 25% of my time.

Price is a factor since I'd eventually like to run multi monitor setup using eyefinity, just not right now...
I could stretch to the Hazro knowing I'd only ever get one, but otherwise £250 is my upper limit.

The Hazro disappoints with its limited inputs and OSD (or lack thereof) and I've heard of build quality issues. But a IPS panel for under £400 GBP is not to be sniffed at. I definitely couldn't go multi monitor as it'll cost way too much.

The Dell I'm always hearing good things about and I could afford to eventually go multi monitor if I chose te Dell. It's an IPS panel so my photos and HD home video will look great on it.

Asus has a good name but I'm not sure if I want to go as big as a 27" with a 1080p panel as I'll be sitting quite close, but the thought of this with games does sound interesting - especially with eyefinity. I have never experienced this before so I have no reference. This is also the cheapest monitor on my list.

Any other sugestions?
Thanks in advance.