[Crawl] YACD - High Elf Crusader. Further progress

Just to keep you guys posted. Seem to be doing quite well and am on
level 3 of the lair having only been there and the main dungeon to
level 8. Nearly got ambushed by a hydra but managed to read teleport
and invoke beserk to keep me alive long enough to get some distance
from it and then blast it with spells.

I'm not sure about my armour choices at the moment... Also my spells as
I have both Enchantment and Conjuration and it's tricky to know which
is best. Throw flame has been useful but I'm a way from making fire
bolt better.

Found Tukimas, and a book with the fire spells in it as well as my
starting book. Stashed in the Lair. Anyway chardump away:

Dungeon Crawl version 4.0.0 beta 26 character file.

Crux the Slicer

Race : High Elf Res.Fire : . . . See Invis. : .
Class : Crusader Res.Cold : . . . Warding : .
Worship : Elyvilon Life Prot.: . . . Conserve : .
Level : 10 Res.Poison: . Res.Corr. : .
Exp : 10852 Res.Elec. : . Gourmand : .
Next Level : 11639
Exp Needed : 787 Sust.Abil.: . Rnd.Telep. : .
Spls.Left : 0 Res.Mut. : . Ctrl.Telep.: +
Gold : 119 Res.Slow : + Levitation : .
Clarity : . Ctrl.Flight: .
HP : 67
MP : 24
Str : 18 Weapon : +2,+0 scimitar
Int : 18 Armour : +1 elf ring mail (R-magic)
Dex : 15 Shield :
AC : 9 Helmet :
Evasion : 11 Cloak : +0 cloak
Shield : 0 Gloves : +0 pair of gloves
Boots : +1 pair of boots
Play time : 06:43:26 Amulet : amulet of resist slowing
Turns : 19151 Ring : +5 ring of strength
Ring : ring of teleport control

You are in the Ecumenical Temple.
You worship Elyvilon.
Elyvilon is greatly pleased with you.
You are not hungry.

Inventory:
Hand weapons
a - a +2,+0 scimitar (weapon)
b - a +0,+2 blowgun
Missiles
u - 21 poisoned needles
J - 15 poisoned elven needles
Armour
f - a +0 pair of gloves (worn)
g - a leather armour
r - a +1 pair of boots (worn)
A - a +0 cloak (worn)
K - a pair of orcish boots
Z - a +1 elven ring mail of magic resistance (worn)
Magical devices
o - a wand of digging
q - a wand of draining
x - a wand of flame
Comestibles
d - 2 bread rations
Scrolls
p - a scroll of detect curse
C - a scroll of teleportation
Jewellery
i - an amulet of warding
m - a ring of teleport control (left hand)
n - a +5 ring of strength (right hand)
v - an amulet of resist slowing (around neck)
D - an amulet of resist corrosion
M - an amulet of conservation
Potions
c - an oily clear potion
s - 2 potions of heal wounds
w - a potion of speed
z - a potion of healing
E - a potion of might
G - 2 yellow potions
I - a potion of restore abilities
P - a fuming clear potion
V - 2 slimy brown potions
W - 2 red potions
Magical staves
F - a smoking staff

// Makes my fire bolt cruddy rather than Fair so probably an ice
enhancing staff? I've never used staves before, how do they work in
Crawl? //

You have 4 experience left.

Skills:
+ Level 5 Fighting
- Level 4 Short Blades
+ Level 10 Long Blades
- Level 1 Darts
+ Level 7 Dodging
+ Level 4 Stealth
+ Level 6 Spellcasting
+ Level 5 Conjurations
+ Level 9 Enchantments
+ Level 7 Fire Magic
+ Level 2 Evocations

You cannot memorise any spells.
You know the following spells:

Your Spells Type Success
Level
a - Fire Brand Fire/Enchantment Great 2
b - Freezing Aura Ice/Enchantment Great 2
c - Berserker Rage Enchantment Great 3
d - Repel Missiles Air/Enchantment Great 2
e - Tukima's Vorpal Blade Enchantment Excellent 2
f - Throw Flame Fire/Conjuration Great 2
g - Bolt of Fire Fire/Conjuration Fair 5
h - Tukima's Dance Enchantment Great 3

Last Messages

The mace evaporates.
The spear evaporates.