Lock- up problem mn-700

Last response: in Networking
October 18, 2004 11:17:36 PM

I've got a mn-700 that Ive had since last febuary that i
got with my notebook comp.Its set up as an acess-point
for the notebook and one desktop comp.Things have been ok
until recently. I downloaded a firmware update for the
base.Not too long afterword the base locks-up, the lights
are all lit but no wireless signal and no connetion for
the desktop unit.The only way to correct the problem is
to unplugg the base for about 30 secs and plug back in.
The problem is that it only lasts for somewhere around 24
hours, then It repeats. Never did this before firmware up
date.Anybody got any ideas about what to do?
Thanks---I hope.

More about : lock problem 700

Anonymous
October 19, 2004 4:52:54 AM

Hi,

Have you tried a hard-reset on the MN-700?
Use a pointed object and push and hold the reset button on the back of the
base station for about 5-7 seconds until the lights flash.
Then see if this problem continues.
If it does you might have to call MS Technical Support and see what they can
do for you.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Jack Y." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got a mn-700 that Ive had since last febuary that i
> got with my notebook comp.Its set up as an acess-point
> for the notebook and one desktop comp.Things have been ok
> until recently. I downloaded a firmware update for the
> base.Not too long afterword the base locks-up, the lights
> are all lit but no wireless signal and no connetion for
> the desktop unit.The only way to correct the problem is
> to unplugg the base for about 30 secs and plug back in.
> The problem is that it only lasts for somewhere around 24
> hours, then It repeats. Never did this before firmware up
> date.Anybody got any ideas about what to do?
> Thanks---I hope.
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 4:22:23 PM

I've had exactly the same problem. It seems to only
happen when in access point mode. Hard reset has done
nothing in the past. It's simply a bug.

-M

October 19, 2004 10:13:32 PM

Having identical problem. I will try and do the hard
reset. Pulling power works for only a short time.

Does this problem occur in router mode.

Regards,

Sid

!