Restriction. Really need help PLEASE!

tlg91

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
hi
i upgraded to windows 7 it was fine for about a week or so but then i got this problem where when i try and open the control panel it comes up with an error message saying.

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. please contact your system administrator.

now i have been searching everywhere for a solution but no luck. i have tried the regedit and changing the value of the nocontrolpanel section. i have tried changing control panel security so the user has full control ( there is only one user on the computer so i am the admin) i have also tried scanning my computer with norton 2010 and i did find a trojan but that still didnt fix the problem. i am running out of ideas and really need help. Thank You.

Check the administrative rights on your account via the Computer Management window (right click Computer, click Manage, expand Local Users and Groups, Groups, Administrators). Check to make sure your account is listed there. If it is, try logging in as "Administrator" rather than your own account.