CPU & peripherial compatability

G

The athalon appears to definately be the cost and speed leader over Intel.
What about video vard compatability, is it the MB/chipset or the CPU that is not compatable with both software & hardware.
AMD has had problems with voice recognition software for some time based on discussions on the Dragon web site.
There is a notice on the Matrox site that the Matrox 400 + has major problems with the AMD setup.

thanks in advance
tim

G

ADMeltdown, Fugger and now Cowboy....all obviously the same person. You're one very bored individual.

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well, I use protools on my pc and it's widely known fact that the via chipset is the cause of all the problems with dedicated(Protools) audio programs, it has to do with the via chipset holding off interupts far too long, so if you are recording a band or anything for long periods of time there will be glitchies in the playback.

Some Amd users report successful audio and recording test. You may find more info on digidesign's website.

http://www.digidesign.com

G

not true my friend I have never posted to this forum under any other moniker, although I do tend to be bored.

Matrox has a AMD disclaimer on their site & posters to the dragon discussion forum contend AMD has problems with DNS voice recognition software compatability

G

I sense hostility.... :)
I think you guys would still argue if Intel and AMD both went bust.... it's just a grudge match now isn't it...
I have to say , amdmeltdown and fugger you are both spending more time helping rater than just flaming... keep it up .....

M

one of the first UK T-Bird users....

G

Cowboy is my moniker & I was accused of posting under a variety of names... NOT TRUE. :-0)

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Hmm ... I wouldn't know much about that because I always avoided Delphi forums. Their layout drove me nuts.

Oh, and as for incompatability problems, I've seen a lot of Intel CPUs with VIA chipsets that can't run hardware worth a darn either. So I'd guess that most of those stem from VIA, not from AMD.

So if we could just have a good solid DDR SDRAM motherboard (without compatability problems) for AMD chips, we just might have a really cool computer. ... For the moment anyway.

After all, new technology is streaming into the market these days. So compared to a system built two years from now, a system that you build today might seem as slow as mud in winter.

- Sanity is purely based on point-of-view.