Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Any mage/priest class combo games besides Druid?

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 8:56:58 AM

Hail the list!

I'm currently playing the latest version of Angband, which I thoroughly
enjoy. The new stores and extra races are a lot of fun. However I miss one
thing from the old druid variant of moria I used to play-it had the druid
class, which allows you to advance equally in priest and mage spells.

Does anyone know of another -band, moria, or rogue variant that offers such
a class, under any name? I'm really getting a lot out of angband, but I'd
definately be interested in trying another game if it did.

Regards,
Edward Conway

More about : mage priest class combo games druid

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 8:56:59 AM

Edward Conway wrote:
> Hail the list!
>
> I'm currently playing the latest version of Angband, which I thoroughly
> enjoy. The new stores and extra races are a lot of fun. However I miss one
> thing from the old druid variant of moria I used to play-it had the druid
> class, which allows you to advance equally in priest and mage spells.
>
> Does anyone know of another -band, moria, or rogue variant that offers such
> a class, under any name? I'm really getting a lot out of angband, but I'd
> definately be interested in trying another game if it did.
>

> Regards,
> Edward Conway

The Mystic class in EyAngband is a lot like this.
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 3:22:25 AM

Edward Conway <edwardconway@earthlink.net> wrote:
>the old druid variant of moria I used to play-it had the druid class,
>which allows you to advance equally in priest and mage spells.
>Does anyone know of another -band, moria, or rogue variant that offers
>such a class, under any name?

Well, it's not the same thing, but in Z you can choose any two realms with
a mage. Priests also get two realms, but it's more restricted - your
primary realm is always Life or Death, though your secondary can be any of
the five others.

Otto Martin - highly recommending the 275pre1
--
"I could use a feelings reset on a regular basis."
"Don't you think that's kind of sad?"

In article <uwJye.18230$eM6.274@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"Edward Conway" <edwardconway@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hail the list!
>
> I'm currently playing the latest version of Angband, which I thoroughly
> enjoy. The new stores and extra races are a lot of fun. However I miss one
> thing from the old druid variant of moria I used to play-it had the druid
> class, which allows you to advance equally in priest and mage spells.
>
> Does anyone know of another -band, moria, or rogue variant that offers such
> a class, under any name? I'm really getting a lot out of angband, but I'd
> definately be interested in trying another game if it did.

Steamband has a skill based system, and any class can learn both 'mage'
and 'priest' magic. But the variant is pretty different. (And a hell of
a lot of fun - don't take my word for it, check out
http://angband.oook.cz/steamband/)

> Regards,
> Edward Conway

-Campbell
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 9:19:21 AM

> Otto Martin - highly recommending the 275pre1

Thanks to both of you for the tips-been meaning to try Zangband...old
Zelazny fan (prized possession is a original book on tape of Hand of Oberon,
read by the author :) .

BTW-What is 275pre1? Is that a version number or something?

-Ed
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 12:08:23 PM

Edward Conway <edwardconway@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>Otto Martin - highly recommending the 275pre1
>Thanks to both of you for the tips-been meaning to try Zangband...old
>Zelazny fan (prized possession is a original book on tape of Hand of
>Oberon, read by the author :) .

Well, got to warn you though: the Zelazny flavor is pretty thin.
There are some monsters (mostly deep uniques), a few ego-items, some new
and renamed artifacts. Probably the most significant change is the Trump
magic realm.
The Games Workshop Warhammer games and Master of Magic computer game are
at least as notable influences.

>BTW-What is 275pre1? Is that a version number or something?

Yup, the newest version that fixes some irritating bugs from the previous
version. Developmental, but it works pretty well. (And the previous stable
is from almost four years ago.)

Otto Martin - had it badly crash only once, lost results of that session