Any mage/priest class combo games besides Druid?

Hail the list!

I'm currently playing the latest version of Angband, which I thoroughly
enjoy. The new stores and extra races are a lot of fun. However I miss one
thing from the old druid variant of moria I used to play-it had the druid
class, which allows you to advance equally in priest and mage spells.

Does anyone know of another -band, moria, or rogue variant that offers such
a class, under any name? I'm really getting a lot out of angband, but I'd
definately be interested in trying another game if it did.

Regards,
Edward Conway
5 answers Last reply
More about mage priest class combo games druid
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    Edward Conway wrote:
    > Hail the list!
    >
    > I'm currently playing the latest version of Angband, which I thoroughly
    > enjoy. The new stores and extra races are a lot of fun. However I miss one
    > thing from the old druid variant of moria I used to play-it had the druid
    > class, which allows you to advance equally in priest and mage spells.
    >
    > Does anyone know of another -band, moria, or rogue variant that offers such
    > a class, under any name? I'm really getting a lot out of angband, but I'd
    > definately be interested in trying another game if it did.
    >

    > Regards,
    > Edward Conway

    The Mystic class in EyAngband is a lot like this.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    Edward Conway <edwardconway@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >the old druid variant of moria I used to play-it had the druid class,
    >which allows you to advance equally in priest and mage spells.
    >Does anyone know of another -band, moria, or rogue variant that offers
    >such a class, under any name?

    Well, it's not the same thing, but in Z you can choose any two realms with
    a mage. Priests also get two realms, but it's more restricted - your
    primary realm is always Life or Death, though your secondary can be any of
    the five others.

    Otto Martin - highly recommending the 275pre1
    --
    "I could use a feelings reset on a regular basis."
    "Don't you think that's kind of sad?"

    In article <uwJye.18230$eM6.274@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    "Edward Conway" <edwardconway@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > Hail the list!
    >
    > I'm currently playing the latest version of Angband, which I thoroughly
    > enjoy. The new stores and extra races are a lot of fun. However I miss one
    > thing from the old druid variant of moria I used to play-it had the druid
    > class, which allows you to advance equally in priest and mage spells.
    >
    > Does anyone know of another -band, moria, or rogue variant that offers such
    > a class, under any name? I'm really getting a lot out of angband, but I'd
    > definately be interested in trying another game if it did.

    Steamband has a skill based system, and any class can learn both 'mage'
    and 'priest' magic. But the variant is pretty different. (And a hell of
    a lot of fun - don't take my word for it, check out
    http://angband.oook.cz/steamband/)

    > Regards,
    > Edward Conway

    -Campbell
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    > Otto Martin - highly recommending the 275pre1

    Thanks to both of you for the tips-been meaning to try Zangband...old
    Zelazny fan (prized possession is a original book on tape of Hand of Oberon,
    read by the author :).

    BTW-What is 275pre1? Is that a version number or something?

    -Ed
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    Edward Conway <edwardconway@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >>Otto Martin - highly recommending the 275pre1
    >Thanks to both of you for the tips-been meaning to try Zangband...old
    >Zelazny fan (prized possession is a original book on tape of Hand of
    >Oberon, read by the author :).

    Well, got to warn you though: the Zelazny flavor is pretty thin.
    There are some monsters (mostly deep uniques), a few ego-items, some new
    and renamed artifacts. Probably the most significant change is the Trump
    magic realm.
    The Games Workshop Warhammer games and Master of Magic computer game are
    at least as notable influences.

    >BTW-What is 275pre1? Is that a version number or something?

    Yup, the newest version that fixes some irritating bugs from the previous
    version. Developmental, but it works pretty well. (And the previous stable
    is from almost four years ago.)

    Otto Martin - had it badly crash only once, lost results of that session
    --
    "I could use a feelings reset on a regular basis."
    "Don't you think that's kind of sad?"
    http://www.megatokyo.com/index.php?strip_id=471

Games Video Games