request: suggestions for stupid noobs

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd (More info?)

After being introduced to D&D by a friend, who began working too much to continue DMing, and getting ditched by another DM, my friends and i decided we would just do our own campaign.
one of them volunteered to DM, and i'm sort of co-DM, mainly suggestions and rules help
we bought the DMG, and downloaded the other base books (only using them until we have the money to buy them)
Considering we'd played maybe 5-6 sessions beforehand, i'd say we're doing alright, but our main problem is one of design.

Dungeon design, world design, campaign design, etc etc... We just don;t know how to make a decent, fun, world. if any of you more experienced players could offer some advice, i'd be very appreciative. Also, any PC-based tools you can suggest would be great. Maybe a world map, town map, or dungeon map design app. or something to help organize combat data. That is, of course, if such applications are out there.

Sorry for the long post, thank you for your time

"ShinRa" <ShinRa3012@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> After being introduced to D&D by a friend, who began working too much to
> continue DMing, and getting ditched by another DM, my friends and i
> decided we would just do our own campaign.
> one of them volunteered to DM, and i'm sort of co-DM, mainly suggestions
> and rules help
> we bought the DMG, and downloaded the other base books (only using them
> until we have the money to buy them)
> Considering we'd played maybe 5-6 sessions beforehand, i'd say we're doing
> alright, but our main problem is one of design.
>
> Dungeon design, world design, campaign design, etc etc... We just don;t
> know how to make a decent, fun, world. if any of you more experienced
> players could offer some advice, i'd be very appreciative. Also, any
> PC-based tools you can suggest would be great. Maybe a world map, town
> map, or dungeon map design app. or something to help organize combat data.
> That is, of course, if such applications are out there.
>
> Sorry for the long post, thank you for your time

For a quick made map for you try going to http://www.dungeoncrafter.com/ and
download their dungeon mapping program. Its free and easy to use. And then
you can go to their downloads section and download some maps people have
made using the program for you to print out... It won't be too long before
you start making your own maps.

But if you like... I also have a random dungeon creator program (which was
created by Jamis Buck) that creates instant dungeons which all it requires
is you to set the parameters (like how many rooms, how big of a dungeon you
would like it to be, etc.) and then click generate button and viola' instant
dungeon. And all you have to do is print it out and stock it up... Just
email me at the address below and I'll send it to you (there is an
underscore between Tarrax and Ironwolf).. Its only 648KB in size, so it will
be a quick download for you...

--
Tarrax Ironwolf
tarrax_ironwolfREM@VEyahoo(dot)com