Tungsten T5: Very slow after Hotsync

January 30, 2005 7:54:35 PM

Hello,
after every hotsync my T5 is very slow in starting applications. It
needs up to 5 sec to start a program. Within the progs the speed is
normal. After a softreset everything works fine, the slowness is over.
Made others the same experiences? Any solutions?

Grüße
Thomas

More about : tungsten slow hotsync

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 10:21:55 AM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:54:35 +0100, Thomas Josiger <josithom@gmx.de> spewed
forth these words of wisdom:

>Hello,
>after every hotsync my T5 is very slow in starting applications. It
>needs up to 5 sec to start a program. Within the progs the speed is
>normal. After a softreset everything works fine, the slowness is over.
>Made others the same experiences? Any solutions?
>
>Grüße
>Thomas

I have had mine crash upon booting several times, requiring a hard reset.
Restoring the unit only resulting in more crashes. I was forced twice, to
reinstall all my apps one-by-one. There was several times when I noticed a
dramatic slowdown, or that it took five minutes to get from the "Palm Powered"
to the first Tungsten screen. A soft reset would fix it.

Galley
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 2:27:54 PM

Galley napsal(a):
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:54:35 +0100, Thomas Josiger <josithom@gmx.de> spewed
> forth these words of wisdom:
>

>>Hello,
>>after every hotsync my T5 is very slow in starting applications. It
>>needs up to 5 sec to start a program. Within the progs the speed is
>>normal. After a softreset everything works fine, the slowness is over.
>>Made others the same experiences? Any solutions?
>>
>>Grüße
>>Thomas
>

> I have had mine crash upon booting several times, requiring a hard reset.
> Restoring the unit only resulting in more crashes. I was forced twice, to
> reinstall all my apps one-by-one. There was several times when I noticed a
> dramatic slowdown, or that it took five minutes to get from the "Palm Powered"
> to the first Tungsten screen. A soft reset would fix it.
>
> --
> "I'm not a cool person in real life, but I play one on the Internet"
> Galley

But honestly, is THIS the way you would expect a "state-of-the-art"
handheld to behave for the money?
Mark

--
The last easy day was yesterday.
February 2, 2005 2:04:22 AM

It was a software problem. Some programs are not real compatible to
the T5.

Regards/Grüße
Thomas
February 2, 2005 8:02:07 AM

In article <s1vvv0pe9jahhfhgbpmh98t3r8s6u5ln4k@4ax.com>, josithom@gmx.de
says...
> It was a software problem. Some programs are not real compatible to
> the T5.
>
> Regards/Grüße
> Thomas

There is an upgrade to the OS for the T5 on the Palm site. It gives you
some very wierd way to figure out whether you need the upgrade - typing
something into the memo pad and then seeing what date it comes up
with????

Nevertheless, if you do need that upgrade, it might help with
compatibility.

Louise
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 1:18:22 AM

:But honestly, is THIS the way you would expect a "state-of-the-art"
:handheld to behave for the money?

I am sorry I missed part of the discussion. What is a "state-of-the-art"
handheld? PDA + WiFi or phone, etc., such as the Tungsten C or the Treo
650. Right? /PaulN
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 2:24:25 AM

>Nevertheless, if you do need that upgrade, it might help with
>compatibility.

Thank you, but on my device the upgrad is already installed.

Thomas

Regards/Grüße
Thomas
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 2:55:55 PM

Paul Nevai napsal(a):
> :But honestly, is THIS the way you would expect a "state-of-the-art"
> :handheld to behave for the money?
>
> I am sorry I missed part of the discussion. What is a "state-of-the-art"
> handheld? PDA + WiFi or phone, etc., such as the Tungsten C or the Treo
> 650. Right? /PaulN

It's in the quotes, because it's the most expensive PDA-only device by
PalmOne, so I expect it to be kind of a 'flag-ship' of their fleet.
And still, would you expect it to behave this way?
Mark

--
The last easy day was yesterday.
!