direct x.....maybe??

bummer

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2002
Hello,
Im have trouble with several games. Im getting incomplete 3d pictures(such as a spinning car with wheels and tires but no body) or no picture at all, only a blank screen which flashes white a few times. I have fdisked and formated my hd for a fresh install of win98se. I installed Direct X 8.1b and tried a few of the latest drivers for my video card. I remember have a simular problem before(which a friend fixed for me) and I think it was messed-up direct x or direct draw or something.
My system: AMD 1.33 tbird, GeForce3, Gigabyte MB w/kt266a chipset.
Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks Barry

HolyShiznit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
Looks like a competant system, and you already did what I would recommend (reinstall DirectX, video drivers....). Maybe, if you have not already, try posting this in the 'Graphics Card' forum for more responses.

Booky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
Only thing other than what you already did is to check the settings in BIOS. Make sure you have it set to AGP, try 2x instead of 4x, disable fast write and read. Just a thought.

Booky

Crap, all the good ones are already taken.

DCB_AU

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
DirectX is known to have installation problems.

I have had similar problems and have found that sometimes I have had to instal DirectX up to 3 times before it installed correctly.

Also, check DirectX settings and then it's operation with its Diag Tool.

DCB_AU