Can someone with a 1920x1080 monitor test this video for me?

gabrielorie

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Hey there, this is a sort of unusual thread but i have a problem. My new monitor (24" Asus) is supposed to arrive one month from now and my hard drive just filled up with all my fraps videos. I converted them with windows movie maker and when i play it full screen on my monitor (19") it fills up the screen with black bars only at the top and bottom but i'd like someone with a 1920x1080 resolution to test it in fullscreen, and maybe take a screenshot on how it looks and fits on the screen? I wont like to ruin all my vids and convert them in the wrong resolution. Thanks to anyone who helps :)

http://www.FilesOverMiles.com/96734fef828c4effb581328f59d0900e

I tried it earlier and again just now, but I can't even get the file. Instead I see an error message "The file sender is not reachable at the given URL. The sender may not be transmitting the file any more or firewalls prevent direct network connection between you and the sender."

2.wmv has the smallest initial size in windowed mode (1280x720), but it only has black bars at the sides, whereas 3.wmv (1000x800) and 4.wmv (1000x960) have black all around. 1.wmv is bigger (properties says 1920x1080, so I think it actually gets scaled down when I'm viewing in windowed mode) and only has black bars at the sides. Basically, 1.wmv and 2.wmv fill the screen equally when run in full-screen mode, but 1.wmv is better quality.

gabrielorie

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Well i'll use the highest bit rate when i'm converting them, i just used small ones so it would be faster to upload. What you're saying with 1.wmv and 2.wmv is that it fills the screen with black bars or it just fills the screen fully and equally without the bars?

None of them eliminate the black bars - in fact, all of them have black bars of some size as part of the video, though running 3.wmv and 4.wmv in fullscreen mode add to the side black bars, but 1.wmv and 2.wmv have the same size black bars at the sides when running in fullscreen mode, and no top/bottom bars.