RAM Dreqs A7V / AMD

G

I'm having problems running my RAM at 133 on the A7V FSB 100. The RAM should be fine - it's SECC-2 etc etc server spec RAM, 2x512Mb DIMMS, but if I switch the RAM frequency in the BIOS from 100 to 133, it locks up during boot. I have tried switching the RAM out so I am pretty sure it's not that - anyone seen or cured this before ?

===
Do unto others before they do unto you...

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ignore Buttplug, he wont be with us for much longer.

Have u tried raising the delay on the memory settings, U can also try changing the setting in the bios under performance to ”normal” instead of “optimal” that seems to help a lot of people. What BIOS are u running? 1007 is the latest and I would recommend u upgrade if yours is 1004 or less. Do u have another stick of memory to try? Is it generic memory? I hear a lot of people recommend good memory (like Micron or Crucial) I guess the generic stuff can cause problems. I just thought of one more thing. A friend was having some problems when he added another stick of memory so I recommended that he switch em around and that fixed his problems. He had 2 different sizes of memory and had the smaller one in slot 1. With yours being the same size I doubt that’s the problem but then again stranger things have happened. Also try em one at a time, maybe just 1 of em is bad.

When u say u tried switching the ram out, Dose that mean u tried it in another computer?

Good luck & Cya

<font color=green>I may go to <font color=red>hell</font color=red> but at least I won't get lonely</font color=green>

G

you still not sorted this??? I thought that craig has got that stuff now?? Besides I think it is a mem - MB conflict cos my PC100 ram ran fine a 133 remember......

if at first you don't succeed , destroy all evidence that you ever tried...