2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? ~15.6" I'm willing to go up or down if the price is right and the features really fit.
3. What screen resolution do you want? Higher is of course better, but I'm not a stickler.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Somewhere between the two. I do need to be mobile (DJ gigs) but most of the time the laptop will be at home. I need power for audio applications.
5. How much battery life do you need? The longer the better. My old Macbook only gives me 90-120 minutes and that feels really wack, especially for long trips. I'd love to get at least 4-6 hours, or longer.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Some FPS would be nice, but it's definitely not my primary priority with this purchase.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Audio is the primary goal. I need something fast and powerful, with low DPC latency. This is my main concern. I'll be using Traktor Pro, Ableton, and Torq, primarily.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? The more the better. At least 500GB would be nice, or, barring that, the ability to upgrade the HD myself, by hand.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I generally get stuff from Newegg, but I'm open to branching out.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? I'd like to hold onto it for at least 4-5 years. That's about the lifespan for me.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD writer at the bare minimum. I don't really need Blu-Ray.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Toshiba has some known issues with Traktor and DPC latency in general, so I'll be avoiding that brand. Other than that, I'm open to almost anything.
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. While it's not a deal breaker, I really, really would like a firewire port with a TI chipset, as this is the best, most compatible firewire chipset / port.