Need Help with Win 7 install..Please

I have a Dell Inspirion 1520. I am doing clean install of Win 7 Ultimate. I have
Disk 0 Partition 1 47.0 MB OEM (Reserved)
Disk 0 Partition 2 146.0 GB System
Disk 0 Partition 3: Mediadirect 3.0 GB Logical.
Which Drive should I choose to install?

Thanks,
Need Help!
11 answers Last reply
More about need install please
  1. Hi :)

Format them ALL ...then install...

All the best Brett :)
  2. wow, that's a large "System" partition. Windows creates the SYstem partition.

Currently, what is on Partition 2 and partition 3?
  3. this laptop was given to me...Im not sure whats on partition 2. partition 3, i believe holds the Media Direct software...I also have a Dell Media Direct CD that came with it. Should I use partition 2 for win 7 install?
  4. this laptop was given to me...Im not sure whats on partition 2. partition 3, i believe holds the Media Direct software...I also have a Dell Media Direct CD that came with it. Should I use partition 2 for win 7 install?
  5. I think that I would delete partitions 2 and 3 and install to that "unallocated space".
  6. What OS did the PC come with ?
  7. @ Nedal0. dont know about the previous OS. no hard drive when i recieved it...i got new drive for it
  8. ok, Can I just use partition 2 and leave 1 and 3 alone?...and have no problems?
  9. vpamler76 said:
    ok, Can I just use partition 2 and leave 1 and 3 alone?...and have no problems?

yes
  10. @shanky887614....Thanks! Thats the answer I needed! Hopefully you'll be around later if something goes wrong...lol.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Partition Dell Clean Install Windows 7