Need Help Fast Please

HelpPlease_934

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Hello,
I did something stupid today. I used Autoruns and System configuration to delete all non-windows programs from startup. Now when I start my computer up, It starts in a weird resolution with black borders on all sides, and the cursor won't move(the keyboard works fine though). Can anyone help?

Solution
Hmmmm... Is your mouse corded or wireless? It could be you need to change USB ports.

Is it a desktop set (keyboard and mouse via wireless)? If so, change the batteries and then try resyncing them (newer models don't require this anymore).

HelpPlease_934

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
I cannot do jack *** in the control panel b/c everytime i leave the main page, it stops letting me roam around with my arrow keys.

additional information:internet not connected, mouse, keyboard, and computer(in the devices and printer section) are there, but say they need troubleshooting.

Don't bump the thread just so it will be seen. We are working and helping as quick as we can. :non: :non:

You may have something else going on versus just what you changed using Autoruns. All else fails, when the computer boots into normal mode, hold down the Windows key and press the letter R. Run should come up. Type MSCONFIG in and use the arrow keys or TAB key until you see it on Normal Startup.

You may have also let something onto the computer when you went in tinkering with Autoruns and everything that starts up. You shouldn't lose mouse functionality unless something else is forcing it down.

And the mouse and keyboard are still not working? If not, you have deeper issues apparently, because any changes that you made to the startup and services should have been reversed when you made sure that Normal startup was selected.

HelpPlease_934

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

Keyboard working mouse not.

Hmmmm... Is your mouse corded or wireless? It could be you need to change USB ports.

Is it a desktop set (keyboard and mouse via wireless)? If so, change the batteries and then try resyncing them (newer models don't require this anymore).

Solution
The suggestion above to run msconfig is a good one. If you've customized your startup options, that can change it back to a normal startup. You really don't even need a mouse, as the tab button can toggle the focus from button to button/box to box. If you need to change between open windows, you can use the alt+tab buttons.

HelpPlease_934

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

ROFL
Razer Black Widow basic
Razer Deathadder
switch usb ports=win
Edit: To clarify both kb and mouse are working

Latest posts