[Gum] Incorrect version

Hi.
The latest version of Gumband is listed as being 2.2.3 on both oook and at
thangorodrim. However in defines.c the FAKE_VER* constants appear not to have
been changed since ver 2.2.1, resulting in the misleading message "You are
playing Gumband 2.2.1", when you query the version in-game.

This could also lead to savefile problems, and currently means that any
submitted dumps to the angband ladder are incorrectly classified.

A minor triviality, but something that ought to be fixed. I can provide one
myself if necessary.

--
fearoffours
Martin Hatfield

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, fearoffours wrote:
> The latest version of Gumband is listed as being 2.2.3 on both oook and at
> thangorodrim. However in defines.c the FAKE_VER* constants appear not to
> have been changed since ver 2.2.1, resulting in the misleading message
> "You are playing Gumband 2.2.1", when you query the version in-game.
>
> This could also lead to savefile problems, and currently means that any
> submitted dumps to the angband ladder are incorrectly classified.
>
> A minor triviality, but something that ought to be fixed. I can provide one
> myself if necessary.

/me pokes at R. Dan Henry, assuming he's still dealing with Gumband. :)

--
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They
never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:59:06 -0300, Joseph William Dixon
<aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, fearoffours wrote:
>> The latest version of Gumband is listed as being 2.2.3 on both oook and at
>> thangorodrim. However in defines.c the FAKE_VER* constants appear not to
>> have been changed since ver 2.2.1, resulting in the misleading message
>> "You are playing Gumband 2.2.1", when you query the version in-game.
>>
>> This could also lead to savefile problems, and currently means that any
>> submitted dumps to the angband ladder are incorrectly classified.
>>
>> A minor triviality, but something that ought to be fixed. I can provide one
>> myself if necessary.
>
>/me pokes at R. Dan Henry, assuming he's still dealing with Gumband. :)

/me giggles like Pillsbury dough boy

Yeah, that'll be fixed for the next version. Ought to get rid of the
stupid "fake version" stuff anyway.

Currently reading through The Chronicles of Corum. Soon as I'm finished,
I'll get to work on next version.

--
R. Dan Henry
danhenry@inreach.com