Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking E2220

Last response: in Windows 7
January 6, 2013 7:36:53 PM

I want to know how to overclock the pentium dual core E2220 to somewhere around 2.8ghz. I have a Q33 chipset and a HP 2820h motherboard. I am new to overclocking so please be somewhat detailed. Any help is appreciated.

More about : overclocking e2220

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b $ Windows 7
January 6, 2013 7:42:57 PM

explosiveoctopus said:
I want to know how to overclock the pentium dual core E2220 to somewhere around 2.8ghz. I have a Q33 chipset and a HP 2820h motherboard. I am new to overclocking so please be somewhat detailed. Any help is appreciated.

best to start by reading a guide so you can get an understanding BEFORE you start.
Core 2 Overclocking Guide
m
l
a c 390 K Overclocking
a b α HP
a c 416 $ Windows 7
January 6, 2013 7:45:13 PM

HP 2820h motherboard

If it's an hp probably can't overclock
m
l
Related resources
January 6, 2013 9:24:10 PM

Anonymous said:
best to start by reading a guide so you can get an understanding BEFORE you start.
Core 2 Overclocking Guide

I know I should learn more about it but is it possible for me to overclock to only 2.8ghz from 2.4ghz without changing other things since its such a minimal amount? Even 2.6ghz would do for me.
m
l
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b $ Windows 7
January 6, 2013 11:11:42 PM

explosiveoctopus said:
I know I should learn more about it but is it possible for me to overclock to only 2.8ghz from 2.4ghz without changing other things since its such a minimal amount? Even 2.6ghz would do for me.

that little won't make a bit of difference.

SR-71 brought up a good point, if that is a prebuilt computer, it will most likely have a locked BIOS making overclocking impossible. there may be software to "cheat" with but that is NOT a good idea.

when it comes down to it, yes you need to know and understand what you're doing even for a 2% OC. thats like wanting to drive a car "only" around the block w/o learning how to drive a car.
m
l
!