Computer Rebooting and Crashing to Desktop

Huricans97

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2003
Not sure if this post goes under this section.

Anywho here is my problem:

My computer has been Crashing to Desktop when playing Games or Rebooting all together whenever it feels like it. When either one happens I receive no error indications or anything that tells me something is wrong in some unreadable code or anything. It just happens and then sits there like nothing has ever went wrong. I am leaning towards my power supply is either going bad on me or not enough power. Would this cause me to crash to my desktop when I am gaming though? (Games like BF1942, Raven Sheild, MechWarrior 4, MOHAA: Spearhead)

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Here are my System Specs:
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1
System Model: Cyberpower Computer
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1535MHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (4.08.01.0810)
Video Card: Leadtek NVIDIA Geforce3 Ti200
Power Supply: 375w

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
375W what?
375W antec or enermax or 375W 'fell of the back of a truck'.

There is a big difference between generic and a decent brand name psu.

to check the psu, install motherboard monitor and watch your voltages... they shouldnt vary by more than 5%, and shouldnt fluctuate by more than 0.05v either.

<b>My Computer is so powerful Sauron Desires it and mortal men Covet it, <i>My Precioussssssss</i></b>

Gozer

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2001
YEp, I bet it is your RAM, or the Ram Timing, try the RAM in slot 2 and 3.

Do you smell that? I love the smell of thermal compound in the morning

ThorH

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
Here is your first mistake, buying from CyberPower, they are a company that will screw you over, and then flip you over. I had the same 375, fried it. I sent it back and then they sent the same one back to me. That powersuppy sucks ASS. What you need to do is go find yourself a decent powersupply, either Antec or Enermax. I would recomend Antec, but its your choice. Either is a good product, but go with the Antec you will thank yourself later.

As far as the problem, Im betting that the powersupply did something to your ram, what ram do you have, and see if the ram has a warrenty with the manufacture. Try to send it to the manufctr because if you send it to CyberPower you will never see it again. They suck for RMA. Well hope this helped.