Sign in with
Your question

[Solved] Major problems

Last response: in Windows 8
June 27, 2012 10:25:43 PM

Okay, so basically windows 7 randomly completly crashed on me after I quit a game. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/46457-63-windows-blue... So, I decided to install Windows 8. Now, Windows 8 is working fine, unless I go into the settings like Startup Options, then I just get a never ending black screen. I also don't see my BIOS splash screen on startup, just straight into Windows 8. I disabled the Fast boot option in Windows 8 and I still don't get a bios, or when I hit Del during boot I get a black screen. It seems like my BIOS is completely gone? I even went as far as removing my hard drives too see if it would give me the 'no media detected', and it just turns on and goes to a black screen....

Any help would be HIGHLY appreciated.

More about : solved major problems

a b * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
June 27, 2012 10:33:32 PM

montagical said:
Okay, so basically windows 7 randomly completly crashed on me after I quit a game. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/46457-63-windows-blue... So, I decided to install Windows 8. Now, Windows 8 is working fine, unless I go into the settings like Startup Options, then I just get a never ending black screen. I also don't see my BIOS splash screen on startup, just straight into Windows 8. I disabled the Fast boot option in Windows 8 and I still don't get a bios, or when I hit Del during boot I get a black screen. It seems like my BIOS is completely gone? I even went as far as removing my hard drives too see if it would give me the 'no media detected', and it just turns on and goes to a black screen....

Any help would be HIGHLY appreciated.

ty using the clear cmos jumper and button and tells us what happens.
June 27, 2012 10:53:32 PM

Can you tell me how to do this? It's a Alienware Aurora R4.
Related resources
a b * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
June 28, 2012 8:54:16 AM

on the mb guild it should show you where the jumper is. on most mb it be on the bottom of the mb it be a white or black jumper near the cmos battery. it say clear_cmos. with the pc off you just move the jumper over to the other two pins and wait 2 min then move it back.
June 28, 2012 11:58:05 AM

Fixed it thanks.
!