Quickband v1.03 out

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 25, 2005 2:54:41 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband,rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

Get it from http://www.guildgame.com/quickband.htm.

Changes in v1.03:

- The dungeon is now 12 levels deep instead of 10: the quest uniques
are found on DL11 and DL12. (This should give you more of a chance to
pick up speed rings, dungeon books and the better artifacts)

- The L11 quest unique has more HP and can summon its kin, and drops
less stuff (but still v.good quality)

- Priest 'unblessed blade' penalty now applies to bows and crossbows as
well (but slings are OK)

- ?WoR is found in the Alchemist's shop a bit more consistently

- Speed potions are more common in the dungeon

- Priests no longer start with !Healing

- Some artifact rarities have changed

Cheers,
A.

More about : quickband

Anonymous
July 25, 2005 7:54:18 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband,rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

Hello Antoine,

do Nexus attacks still scramble stats ?
Kind of a killer when stat potions are non-existing ;|
My 18 con priest now suddenly is an 18 chr priest !

T.
July 25, 2005 6:55:52 PM

konijn_ wrote:
> Hello Antoine,
>
> do Nexus attacks still scramble stats ?

Yes

> Kind of a killer when stat potions are non-existing ;|

Yes :)

> My 18 con priest now suddenly is an 18 chr priest !

Cheer up, at least he will be popular...

(Do you think I should change it? Perhaps only scramble 2 stats instead
of all 6?)

A.
Related resources
July 25, 2005 7:01:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband,rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

My to-do:

L11 and L12 are a bit tough. Slow down the level progression a bit when
you get that deep, and drastically reduce the chance of pits/vaults
below DL10.
Toughen up the L11 quest unique.
Nexus to only swap 2 stats instead of scrambling all
More good amulets in the early game.
Items 'of elvenkind' more common, 'of stealth' less common
!Speed still needs to be a bit more common

A.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 7:11:41 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband,rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

> Nexus to only swap 2 stats instead of scrambling all.

Swapping a main stat with a minor stat will still be lethal then.
My priest just died, a very good looking dead fellow ;)

T.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 8:05:58 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband,rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

At that dungeon level, I could deal with randomizing the race,
it would give a surmountable challenge.

T.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 8:20:46 PM

On Mon, 24 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:

> Get it from http://www.guildgame.com/quickband.htm.
>
> Changes in v1.03:
>
> - The dungeon is now 12 levels deep instead of 10: the quest uniques
> are found on DL11 and DL12. (This should give you more of a chance to
> pick up speed rings, dungeon books and the better artifacts)
>
> - The L11 quest unique has more HP and can summon its kin, and drops
> less stuff (but still v.good quality)

Just reached Dl11 with L29 Ranger, ~75k turns, 278 HP's, +3 speed, cleared
every level once except 8 and 9 twice because of very high feelings, one mage
book (excapes):

a) The Bastard Sword 'Fitzardis' (4d4) (+12,+14) (+3) {@w0}
b) a Long Bow (x3) (+5,+4)
c) a Jasper Ring of Damage (+13)
d) an Emerald Ring of Accuracy (+16)
e) (nothing)
f) The Phial of Galadriel
g) The Leather Scale Mail 'Thalkettoth' (-1) [11,+25] (+3)
h) a Cloak of Stealth [1,+5] (+3 to stealth)
i) The Large Metal Shield of Anarion [5,+20]
j) an Iron Helm of Intelligence [5,+11] (+1)
k) The Set of Leather Gloves 'Cambeleg' (+8,+8) [1,+15] (+2)
l) a Pair of Soft Leather Boots of Stealth [2,+10] (+2)

Cleared quest unique, he is way too easy for that depth, there are D's on that
level which are insanely harder and instant death, Death Drake's for example
but even the Elemental Dragons are very hard when they are double moving. Only
two speed potions seen.

If the stealth items were changed to elvenkind, which have stealth + speed, it
would be more likely to be at a decent speed at that depth. I have a con ring
which puts him at over 300 HP's so he should be able to take a nether breath I
assume so I might tool on DL11 to see if I can't pick up some speed and a
decent bow.

--
Cliff Stamp
sstamp@physics.mun.ca http://www.physics.mun.ca:80/~sstamp/

The one unforgivable sin, the offence against one's own integrity,
is to accept anything at all simply on authority -- Maureen Johnson Long

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. -- Publilius Syrus
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 8:48:56 PM

In rec.games.roguelike.development Cliff Stamp <sstamp@physics.mun.ca> wrote:
> Just reached Dl11 with L29 Ranger, ~75k turns, 278 HP's, +3 speed,
> cleared every level once except 8 and 9 twice because of very high
> feelings, one mage book (excapes):

How many minutes/hours did this take you?

--
Jim Strathmeyer
July 25, 2005 9:28:06 PM

Cliff Stamp wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:
>
> > L11 and L12 are a bit tough. Slow down the level progression a bit when
> > you get that deep, and drastically reduce the chance of pits/vaults below
> > DL10.
>
> I would reverse that, the problem is now there isn't enough items in L1-10
> to prepare you for DL11-12.

I think I mean the same as you. Less pits on DL11/12 than previously.

> > Toughen up the L11 quest unique.
>
> He is way underpowered, I just cleared a bunch which are harder, Waldern is
> massively tougher, as is Lorgan.

Yah. He was meant to be comparable to the uniques on DL9 - 400'
shallower in original Angband terms...

A.
July 25, 2005 9:38:10 PM

Cliff Stamp wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:
>
> > Get it from http://www.guildgame.com/quickband.htm.
> >
> > Changes in v1.03:
> >
> > - The dungeon is now 12 levels deep instead of 10: the quest uniques
> > are found on DL11 and DL12. (This should give you more of a chance to
> > pick up speed rings, dungeon books and the better artifacts)
> >
> > - The L11 quest unique has more HP and can summon its kin, and drops
> > less stuff (but still v.good quality)
>
> Just reached Dl11 with L29 Ranger, ~75k turns, 278 HP's, +3 speed, cleared
> every level once except 8 and 9 twice because of very high feelings, one mage
> book (excapes):
>
> a) The Bastard Sword 'Fitzardis' (4d4) (+12,+14) (+3) {@w0}
> b) a Long Bow (x3) (+5,+4)
> c) a Jasper Ring of Damage (+13)
> d) an Emerald Ring of Accuracy (+16)
> e) (nothing)
> f) The Phial of Galadriel
> g) The Leather Scale Mail 'Thalkettoth' (-1) [11,+25] (+3)
> h) a Cloak of Stealth [1,+5] (+3 to stealth)
> i) The Large Metal Shield of Anarion [5,+20]
> j) an Iron Helm of Intelligence [5,+11] (+1)
> k) The Set of Leather Gloves 'Cambeleg' (+8,+8) [1,+15] (+2)
> l) a Pair of Soft Leather Boots of Stealth [2,+10] (+2)
>
> Cleared quest unique, he is way too easy for that depth, there are D's on that
> level which are insanely harder and instant death, Death Drake's for example
> but even the Elemental Dragons are very hard when they are double moving. Only
> two speed potions seen.
>
> If the stealth items were changed to elvenkind, which have stealth + speed, it
> would be more likely to be at a decent speed at that depth. I have a con ring
> which puts him at over 300 HP's so he should be able to take a nether breath I
> assume so I might tool on DL11 to see if I can't pick up some speed and a
> decent bow.

Could you really not find any useful amulet??

A.
July 25, 2005 11:15:17 PM

Cliff Stamp wrote:
> There seems to be a big jump from Dl9 to DL10/11, I went down from DL9 and
> ended up on Dl11 . In this short a game two stairs at once is killer. Gorlim
> is insanely tough with no speed, I basically had to attack one round,
> teleport away, and repeat until he was dead. Every turn was bolt+bolt, also
> took out an ACD (with no resist poison and +3 speed), this was risky, but I
> could not leave it alive because there was too much risk of teleporting into
> it.
>
> Finally found a RoS +6, so base speed is now +9. I also have the number one
> bad ass 4d6 sword, so I have decent damage. It is now either melee or bow
> depending on if I find a bow + acid arrows before I get enough !speed and
> !healing. Now at 4 and 5 respectively, and want at least 10 and 10. But more
> likely 10 and 20 are realistic without enough base speed to prevent double
> moves, or a huge stack of CCW, which I currently run through faster than I
> can stock.

Yes, growing convinced that DL10/11/12 are too tough, will tone down.
Glad to hear you found the =Speed. I was beginning to wonder if they
didn't exist!

What sword is that which you found?
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 12:57:34 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband,rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:

> Can you think of a different effect that Nexus could have?

It could swap points, lose one STR gain one INT. This would make it still
something you would want to avoid, but not instant death.

Before racial/class mods were reworked it used to swamp full stats so you
could get a half troll warrior with a 3 STR which was crippling.

The only thing you could do in such cases was either retreat levels and
regain (*slow*) or just keep getting breathed on to restore the stats.

--
Cliff Stamp
sstamp@physics.mun.ca http://www.physics.mun.ca:80/~sstamp/

The one unforgivable sin, the offence against one's own integrity,
is to accept anything at all simply on authority -- Maureen Johnson Long

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. -- Publilius Syrus
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 1:00:27 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband,rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:

> L11 and L12 are a bit tough. Slow down the level progression a bit when
> you get that deep, and drastically reduce the chance of pits/vaults below
> DL10.

I would reverse that, the problem is now there isn't enough items in L1-10
to prepare you for DL11-12.

> Toughen up the L11 quest unique.

He is way underpowered, I just cleared a bunch which are harder, Waldern is
massively tougher, as is Lorgan.

I found two con rings now so I can hang on DL11 and not get killed, but
there are somethings that can't be fought without chewing through a stack of
!healing.

--
Cliff Stamp
sstamp@physics.mun.ca http://www.physics.mun.ca:80/~sstamp/

The one unforgivable sin, the offence against one's own integrity,
is to accept anything at all simply on authority -- Maureen Johnson Long

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. -- Publilius Syrus
July 26, 2005 1:27:08 AM

Cliff Stamp wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:
>
> > Could you really not find any useful amulet??
>
> Nothing significant. I wore resist amulets until it was covered. I could
> have wore +wis for saving throw.

I'm thinking of adding some amulets. I might add something with RDark
since Saruman throws darkness storms. Perhaps a bit of perma lite on it
as well.

And/or a +speed amulet (but restrict it to quite low +'s, say 2-4)

A.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 2:15:52 AM

[...]

July 26, 2005 2:56:12 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband,rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:

> Could you really not find any useful amulet??

Nothing significant. I wore resist amulets until it was covered. I could
have wore +wis for saving throw.

--
Cliff Stamp
sstamp@physics.mun.ca http://www.physics.mun.ca:80/~sstamp/

The one unforgivable sin, the offence against one's own integrity,
is to accept anything at all simply on authority -- Maureen Johnson Long

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. -- Publilius Syrus
July 26, 2005 3:13:11 AM

Juho Schultz wrote:
> Antoine wrote:
> >
> > Cliff Stamp wrote:

> >>Nothing significant. I wore resist amulets until it was covered. I could
> >>have wore +wis for saving throw.
> >

> > I'm thinking of adding some amulets. I might add something with RDark
> > since Saruman throws darkness storms. Perhaps a bit of perma lite on it
> > as well.
> >
> > And/or a +speed amulet (but restrict it to quite low +'s, say 2-4)
> >
> > A.
> >

> Sounds like Amulets of Devotion (rdark, permalight) and Trickery (speed)
> maybe they could be a bit more common/shallower?

Sounds like a plan.

A.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 4:34:11 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband,rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

"Antoine" <mail@guildgame.com> wrote in

> (Do you think I should change it? Perhaps only scramble 2 stats
> instead of all 6?)

That could just make it worse if an important stat is swapped with
something low, as it could become harder to get "rescrambled" to
something bearable.

Another alternative could be to alter stat scrambling in a
different way. Rather than outright swapping stats, what about
having it adjust stats a few points, as long as the total net change
is zero. So your 18 con might become a 16 con, while your 7 charisma
becomes a 9? Shifting from 0 to 2 points per stat, within legal
bounds. (If you wanted to be really nice, you could keep track of
the original creation stats and weight any future changes slightly in
favor of trying to return to those numbers.)
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 12:56:46 PM

Antoine wrote:

> Cliff Stamp wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:
>>

>>>Could you really not find any useful amulet??
>>
>>Nothing significant. I wore resist amulets until it was covered. I could
>>have wore +wis for saving throw.
>

> I'm thinking of adding some amulets. I might add something with RDark
> since Saruman throws darkness storms. Perhaps a bit of perma lite on it
> as well.
>
> And/or a +speed amulet (but restrict it to quite low +'s, say 2-4)
>
> A.

Sounds like Amulets of Devotion (rdark, permalight) and Trickery (speed)
maybe they could be a bit more common/shallower?
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 1:04:33 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband,rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:

> What sword is that which you found?

Zarcuthra, which is one of the god class weapons. You can't run it as main,
as the aggravation is killer with low speed.

--
Cliff Stamp
sstamp@physics.mun.ca http://www.physics.mun.ca:80/~sstamp/

The one unforgivable sin, the offence against one's own integrity,
is to accept anything at all simply on authority -- Maureen Johnson Long

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. -- Publilius Syrus
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 1:08:26 PM

On Tue, 25 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:

> I'm thinking of adding some amulets. I might add something with RDark
> since Saruman throws darkness storms. Perhaps a bit of perma lite on it
> as well.
>
> And/or a +speed amulet (but restrict it to quite low +'s, say 2-4)

I have seen one amulet of resistance, trickery, magi and weaponmastery in
total (not with the same char, with all games so far). So they are a bit
rare.

--
Cliff Stamp
sstamp@physics.mun.ca http://www.physics.mun.ca:80/~sstamp/

The one unforgivable sin, the offence against one's own integrity,
is to accept anything at all simply on authority -- Maureen Johnson Long

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. -- Publilius Syrus
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 5:54:02 PM

Cliff Stamp <sstamp@physics.mun.ca> writes:

> Two bugs :
>
> -there are potions of augmentation, very rare, but one turned up
> -if you have an item squelched you can't pick it up off the floor

I think the command is ']', but I am not sure.

Eddie
July 26, 2005 5:57:56 PM

Cliff Stamp wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:
> >
> >> - The dungeon is now 12 levels deep instead of 10: the quest uniques
> >> are found on DL11 and DL12.
>
> After spending 300k turns clearing DL11 over and over, and killing a bunch
> of uniques including W's, I figured it was time to give the big A a shot.
>
> Still no bow or arrows, so it was going to be melee with an amulet of
> weaponmastery and I don't have the resources (10 potions of healing are not
> going to be enough with ~400 hp's), but this is vanilla level time playing
> so off I go .
>
> However I have cleared DL12 twice with no sign of him. There are no stairs
> down, but he doesn't show even in vaults.

Damn!

Never had that problem before: will try to suss out what's going on.
This is on v1.03??

A.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 6:42:00 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband,rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

> On Mon, 24 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:
>
>> - The dungeon is now 12 levels deep instead of 10: the quest uniques
>> are found on DL11 and DL12.

After spending 300k turns clearing DL11 over and over, and killing a bunch
of uniques including W's, I figured it was time to give the big A a shot.

Still no bow or arrows, so it was going to be melee with an amulet of
weaponmastery and I don't have the resources (10 potions of healing are not
going to be enough with ~400 hp's), but this is vanilla level time playing
so off I go .

However I have cleared DL12 twice with no sign of him. There are no stairs
down, but he doesn't show even in vaults.

On an amusing note, I have two RoS but can only wear one because I need con
in the other. The lack of potions to boost stats really makes a huge
difference in game play.

--
Cliff Stamp
sstamp@physics.mun.ca http://www.physics.mun.ca:80/~sstamp/

The one unforgivable sin, the offence against one's own integrity,
is to accept anything at all simply on authority -- Maureen Johnson Long

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. -- Publilius Syrus
July 26, 2005 8:58:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband,rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

> -there are potions of augmentation, very rare, but one turned up

Will fix. In a shop, or in the dungeon?

> -if you have an item squelched you can't pick it up off the floor
>
> On a side note, can you delete an item from the inventory and set it to be
> sqelched at the same time?

Sorry - can't help you on anything squelching related - that falls in
the category of stuff I imported from NPP without modification.

Will also fix the Saruman-not-appearing bug! This is obviously a major
problem; one I haven't had before but it can't be too uncommon if it
already happened for you. (This was with Quick v1.03, right?)

A.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 9:28:35 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband,rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

Two bugs :

-there are potions of augmentation, very rare, but one turned up
-if you have an item squelched you can't pick it up off the floor

On a side note, can you delete an item from the inventory and set it to be
sqelched at the same time?

--
Cliff Stamp
sstamp@physics.mun.ca http://www.physics.mun.ca:80/~sstamp/

The one unforgivable sin, the offence against one's own integrity,
is to accept anything at all simply on authority -- Maureen Johnson Long

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. -- Publilius Syrus
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 10:49:34 PM

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Hugo Kornelis wrote:

> If you reply "s", the item will be destroyed and set to
> auto-squelch at the same time.

Thanks, that makes it a lot faster. Whoever invented squelch deserves a
no-prize. That removes one of the most boring elements of the game.

--
Cliff Stamp
sstamp@physics.mun.ca http://www.physics.mun.ca:80/~sstamp/

The one unforgivable sin, the offence against one's own integrity,
is to accept anything at all simply on authority -- Maureen Johnson Long

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. -- Publilius Syrus
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 10:50:18 PM

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:

> Never had that problem before: will try to suss out what's going on.
> This is on v1.03??

Yes. Lots of nasty monsters are turning up, no sign of him though.

--
Cliff Stamp
sstamp@physics.mun.ca http://www.physics.mun.ca:80/~sstamp/

The one unforgivable sin, the offence against one's own integrity,
is to accept anything at all simply on authority -- Maureen Johnson Long

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. -- Publilius Syrus
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 11:48:59 PM

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Cliff Stamp wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:
>
>> Never had that problem before: will try to suss out what's going on.
>> This is on v1.03??
>
> Yes. Lots of nasty monsters are turning up, no sign of him though.

I just cleared it three more times, same thing. It may be a flag problem as
I have killed Fang and Grip about a half a dozen times each. I thought I was
confusing them with other games at first, so I made a note and they turned
up again. It is just them so far though.

--
Cliff Stamp
sstamp@physics.mun.ca http://www.physics.mun.ca:80/~sstamp/

The one unforgivable sin, the offence against one's own integrity,
is to accept anything at all simply on authority -- Maureen Johnson Long

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. -- Publilius Syrus
July 27, 2005 12:56:15 AM

Cliff Stamp wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Cliff Stamp wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:
> >
> >> Never had that problem before: will try to suss out what's going on.
> >> This is on v1.03??
> >
> > Yes. Lots of nasty monsters are turning up, no sign of him though.
>
> I just cleared it three more times, same thing. It may be a flag problem as
> I have killed Fang and Grip about a half a dozen times each. I thought I was
> confusing them with other games at first, so I made a note and they turned
> up again. It is just them so far though.

That's weird!!!!!

Will investigate

A.
July 27, 2005 12:57:01 AM

Cliff Stamp wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Cliff Stamp wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:
> >
> >> Never had that problem before: will try to suss out what's going on.
> >> This is on v1.03??
> >
> > Yes. Lots of nasty monsters are turning up, no sign of him though.
>
> I just cleared it three more times, same thing. It may be a flag problem as
> I have killed Fang and Grip about a half a dozen times each. I thought I was
> confusing them with other games at first, so I made a note and they turned
> up again. It is just them so far though.

Did you start the game in 1.02 and then migrate to 1.03? Or has it been
1.03 all the way?

A.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 2:38:39 AM

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:28:35 -0230, Cliff Stamp wrote:

>On a side note, can you delete an item from the inventory and set it to be
>sqelched at the same time?

Hi Cliff,

Since Quickband is based on NPP, there should be (unless Antoine changed
that). If you kill an object, the prompt should read "Really Destroy a
Foo? [y/n/s]". If you reply "s", the item will be destroyed and set to
auto-squelch at the same time.

Best, Hugo
--
Your sig line (k) was stolen! (more)
There is a puff of smoke!

(Remove NO and SPAM to get my e-mail address)
July 27, 2005 8:24:25 AM

Juho Schultz wrote:
> Antoine wrote:
> > Get it from http://www.guildgame.com/quickband.htm.
> >
> > Changes in v1.03:
> >
> > - The dungeon is now 12 levels deep instead of 10: the quest uniques
> > are found on DL11 and DL12. (This should give you more of a chance to
> > pick up speed rings, dungeon books and the better artifacts)
> >
> > - The L11 quest unique has more HP and can summon its kin, and drops
> > less stuff (but still v.good quality)
> >
> > - Priest 'unblessed blade' penalty now applies to bows and crossbows as
> > well (but slings are OK)
> >
> > - ?WoR is found in the Alchemist's shop a bit more consistently
> >
> > - Speed potions are more common in the dungeon
> >
> > - Priests no longer start with !Healing
> >
> > - Some artifact rarities have changed
> >
> > Cheers,
> > A.
> >

> I have tried a few warriors (Half-Troll, Half-Orc and Dwarven ones) and the
> low Charisma makes the game a bit weird. Gold is very hard to accumulate.
> At dlvl 7, I have trouble getting enough gold to re-stock (a few scrolls
> of Phase Door, two WoR, maybe one CCW and I am cleaned again). This means
> almost everything has to be indetified by use or selling.
>
> If the shopkeeper has a bad race, Weapons of Slays and Armor of Resist
> Elements sell for 1 gold piece.
>
> The problem is that potions of restore stat or life levels are way too expensive
> for Warriors (and probably Brigands too)

Perhaps the Cha effect is a little too strong. Will reassess.

A.
July 27, 2005 9:18:24 AM

Cliff Stamp wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:
>
> > Did you start the game in 1.02 and then migrate to 1.03? Or has it been
> > 1.03 all the way?
>
> The save file comes way back from the first release. The character is
> however started fresh each time. I just suicide and then started up another
> from the same savefile (monster memory).

OK. I may have broken backwards compatibility: try starting anew with a
fresh file. Sorry about that!!

A.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 1:08:22 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband,rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

On Wed, 26 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:

> Did you start the game in 1.02 and then migrate to 1.03? Or has it been
> 1.03 all the way?

The save file comes way back from the first release. The character is
however started fresh each time. I just suicide and then started up another
from the same savefile (monster memory).

--
Cliff Stamp
sstamp@physics.mun.ca http://www.physics.mun.ca:80/~sstamp/

The one unforgivable sin, the offence against one's own integrity,
is to accept anything at all simply on authority -- Maureen Johnson Long

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. -- Publilius Syrus
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 1:09:17 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband,rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Antoine wrote:

>> -there are potions of augmentation, very rare, but one turned up
>
> Will fix. In a shop, or in the dungeon?

Dungeon, I can't recall if it was a drop or on the floor, I was clearing a
Dragon pit and it was just in the inventory after it was over.

--
Cliff Stamp
sstamp@physics.mun.ca http://www.physics.mun.ca:80/~sstamp/

The one unforgivable sin, the offence against one's own integrity,
is to accept anything at all simply on authority -- Maureen Johnson Long

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. -- Publilius Syrus
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 4:54:31 PM

!