Trouble with Tripp Lite UPS

Hunter844

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Ok...for some reason I cannot get my Tripp Lite OMNI900LCD drivers to work on my Windows 7 Home Prem 64-bit machine. The Tripp Lite website has application drivers for what they call Power Alert Console for 64-bit systems...yet it doesn't see the device in question.

I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem. Hooking up via USB...the drivers begin to install and then an error occurs. Within the device manager it notes that the device cannot start (code 10). It also indicates "USB to Serial Port" which I think is incorrect unless it converts to serial on the device end.

Using Gigabyte GA-785GMT-USB3 motherboard with 945 Deneb processor and 4gb of G-Skill DDR3.

I have searched within the BIOS to see if maybe something was not set right but I cannot see anything out of place.

I have also put other USB devices into the same ports to check functionality and every device so far has worked as it should so it appears to be some kind of incompatibility.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sk1939

Distinguished
Tripp Lite has driver issues with x64 bit machines. It's quite possible it dosen't have proper 64 bit drivers. Also, it is a RS232 device on the UPS end, and gets converted to USB. Try restarting with the UPS plugged in.