HP's pentium 4!

flavio321

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2001
i went to my local bestbuy and saw a hewlet packer's pentium4 1.4ghz. i tried it out and i liked it... as i was playing around i decided to hit the shutoff button to mess around. instead of shutting down by cutting off the power, it automatically does the windows shutdown with the click of one buttom. is there a way i could do this with my computer. is it the p4 motherboard that does this?

If you can't beat 'em kill 'em
athlon "SLOTA" thunderbird 700@1050mhz

G

A lot of these ATX functions are controlled by the bios. You might be able to download the latest bios update from your motherboard's manufacture?
I personally prefer the old AT system to ATX but what can you do all modern motherboards have gone this way!!??

jclw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It's really the ACPI bios that does that. Any computer less then 3 years old should be ACPI compatible. You need an ACPI OS (like Win2000) for it to work correctly as well.

- JW

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Meltdown, you wet your 13 yr old self everytime you think of a P4 and how much money it is and how long it would take you to buy one with your burger flipping job, so shut the trap.

----------------------
I don't hate Intel............ Do I?

G

i'm just wondering is your nick refering to what happens when you use a athlon????

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
All ATX systems do that (of cource when ACPI is enabled). Your comp should have (I recognize that you have SlotA Athlon system)that function, and you can choose either <b>SHUTDOWN</b> or <b>STANDBY</b>(<b>POWER MANAGEMENT</b> in <b>CONTROL PANEL</b>)

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
He wouldn't know he's never used AMD stuff and yet he keep son going how hard they are to set up.

----------------------
I don't hate Intel............ Do I?