rogue command set inscriptions

I asked an inscription question before that was very helpful, but now
I'm stumped again. I am facing a situation where I have a large pile
of rods (detection, illumination, speed *YIPEE*, etc.). For some
reason, inscribing them with "a" and a numeral doesn't work...does this
work for others using the rogue command set? I also tried the "z" that
works with the standard command set, but, of course, that didn't work
either...

Any help?

Are you prepending it with the @ sign? I use the rogue key set
exclusively and have no problems with @z1 for rods, etc.

--
Wil Hunt
Geek in training.

dstillwa@gmail.com wrote:
> I asked an inscription question before that was very helpful, but now
> I'm stumped again. I am facing a situation where I have a large pile
> of rods (detection, illumination, speed *YIPEE*, etc.). For some
> reason, inscribing them with "a" and a numeral doesn't work...does this
> work for others using the rogue command set? I also tried the "z" that
> works with the standard command set, but, of course, that didn't work
> either...
>
> Any help?

You need to inscribe using the default keyset, whether or not you use
it or rogue-like. So inscribing rods with 'z' always works.

If you are playing variants, there may be some commands that do not
work in roguelike, and require toggling the preferences. In
particular: the non-standard store commands in ToME get short-circuited
in roguelike.

"pete mack" <pmac360@hotmail.com> writes:

> If you are playing variants, there may be some commands that do not
> work in roguelike, and require toggling the preferences. In
> particular: the non-standard store commands in ToME get short-circuited
> in roguelike.

Or you need to prefix them with \

So, to buy abilities in Roguelike ToME: \N

cheers, Rich.

--
rich walker | Shadow Robot Company | rw@shadow.org.uk
technical director 251 Liverpool Road |

Rich Walker wrote:

<snip>

> Or you need to prefix them with \
>
> So, to buy abilities in Roguelike ToME: \N
>
> cheers, Rich.

It's worth pointing out that this works sporadically at best when used
in stores. Sometimes, you can get it to work, other times, not. I've
not yet determined when or why it won't work.