Sign in with
Your question

Recover Bitlocked partition

Last response: in Windows 7
January 7, 2013 12:27:59 AM

Hello, So i have done something pretty stupid. While in command prompt under diskpart i accidently "cleaned" one of my external HDD, I have 3 partitions on it, 2 I recovered pain free with EaseUS Data recovery, but the third I am having problems with. I bitlocked it and now have no idea how to get it back. I have the recovery key, and password! Any software to help me????
a b $ Windows 7
January 7, 2013 12:29:07 AM

Hi :) 

If you cannot use the Bitlocker key...you have lost it...NO way around it...

All the best Brett :) 
a b $ Windows 7
January 7, 2013 2:24:15 AM

The whole purpose of BitLocker (and other encryption) is to prevent exactly what you're trying to do. You just learned a valuable lesson, the hard way, about making backups of important files.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 7, 2013 4:49:02 AM

A very valuable lesson indeed. Your pretty much out of luck on this problem sorry.
March 21, 2013 11:05:55 PM

Hi...
Now also you can recover data from deleted partition, if your partition did not get overwritten.
When I was repartitioning the partitions accidentally I clicked on delete option this tends to deletion of partition along with loss of huge amount of data. I went for third party Partition Recovery program. Really it works well and I was able to recover deleted partition from my computer HDD.
You can download demo version to verify results before buying this efficient application.
!