configured for something useful?

What is "lost soul" in character selection and how are you supposed to
survive if you take it?

On 2005-08-17 19:25:40, "Pekka" <none@nowehere.com> wrote:

> Hi. Got bored with Z and wanted to try this one out. Looks great but the
> term windows don't show my inventory, list of messages etc. as they did in
> Z. They just say "Mirror" or "Choice" on their to bars. How to get these
> configured for something useful?

There's a "Window Flags" submenu to the options ('=') menu. Use the arrow keys
to maneuver the cursor to the intersection of window ("mirror", "term-4", etc.)
and option. Windows are made visible the same way as with any other multiwindow
*band.

> What is "lost soul" in character selection and how are you supposed to
> survive if you take it?

"Lost soul" starts you at the bottom of a special dungeon with a bunch of ID
scrolls and you are supposed to pick up stuff down there and sneak out. The
main survival tactic is to stair scum. Certain monsters are killable for level
1 charachters but give enough exp to shoot you up a dozen levels depending on
your race/class. (crebain and dragonflies most notably) I think some variants
have an "astral mode" which is similar, but I don't think Zangband is one of
them.