can anyone help with sound?

Last response: in Video Games
August 19, 2005 10:42:21 AM

Hi there.
On aug. 04 I posted a message about trouble with getting sound working, but nobody replied.
Surely someone must be able to help?

More about : sound

August 19, 2005 10:42:22 AM

who1976crazy1976@netspace.net.au wrote:
> Hi there.
> On aug. 04 I posted a message about trouble with getting sound working, but nobody replied.
> Surely someone must be able to help?

Angband has *sound*? Whats it need sound for? It has messages. Sound is
superfluous.

I cant see any options for it. However, the executable has to be
compiled with USE_SOUND defined in config.h in order for the sound to
work. Im not sure if the executable downloadable from thang has it
enabled or not.
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 11:50:45 AM

Andrew wrote:
> who1976crazy1976@netspace.net.au wrote:
> > Hi there.
> > On aug. 04 I posted a message about trouble with getting sound working, but nobody replied.
> > Surely someone must be able to help?
>
> Angband has *sound*? Whats it need sound for? It has messages. Sound is
> superfluous.
>
> I cant see any options for it. However, the executable has to be
> compiled with USE_SOUND defined in config.h in order for the sound to
> work. Im not sure if the executable downloadable from thang has it
> enabled or not.

The windows executable has sound enabled. If you use the win exec, just
select sound from the menu after game starts. If you do, consider
visiting http://www.chambrook.org/angband/soundfx.php and getting the
sample sound bank, with better sound including "warning sounds" like
when you get hungry
!