can anyone help with sound?

Hi there.
On aug. 04 I posted a message about trouble with getting sound working, but nobody replied.
Surely someone must be able to help?
2 answers Last reply
More about sound
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    who1976crazy1976@netspace.net.au wrote:
    > Hi there.
    > On aug. 04 I posted a message about trouble with getting sound working, but nobody replied.
    > Surely someone must be able to help?

    Angband has *sound*? Whats it need sound for? It has messages. Sound is
    superfluous.

    I cant see any options for it. However, the executable has to be
    compiled with USE_SOUND defined in config.h in order for the sound to
    work. Im not sure if the executable downloadable from thang has it
    enabled or not.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    Andrew wrote:
    > who1976crazy1976@netspace.net.au wrote:
    > > Hi there.
    > > On aug. 04 I posted a message about trouble with getting sound working, but nobody replied.
    > > Surely someone must be able to help?
    >
    > Angband has *sound*? Whats it need sound for? It has messages. Sound is
    > superfluous.
    >
    > I cant see any options for it. However, the executable has to be
    > compiled with USE_SOUND defined in config.h in order for the sound to
    > work. Im not sure if the executable downloadable from thang has it
    > enabled or not.

    The windows executable has sound enabled. If you use the win exec, just
    select sound from the menu after game starts. If you do, consider
    visiting http://www.chambrook.org/angband/soundfx.php and getting the
    sample sound bank, with better sound including "warning sounds" like
    when you get hungry

Games Video Games