Sign in with
Your question

Passive 3D monitors which which one to get?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 9, 2012 8:47:36 PM

So i am down to the decision between the

lg D2342p
http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/lg-d2342p/4505-317...

and the

aoc e2352phz

http://www.buy.com/prod/aoc-e2352phz-23-3d-led-lcd-moni...

from my googling as far as i got that these were the 2 that were in my price range. any suggestions are gladly appreciated :o  .

More about : passive monitors which

a c 76 C Monitor
July 9, 2012 9:04:34 PM

What games do you plan to play in 3d, and what 3d driver? A lot of games turn out to have weird issues in 3d, not always specific to one 3d driver. Also, I can state from personal experience with a 32-inch passive-3d tv, that row-interleaved 3d looked good initially, but after a while, the text became a problem.
m
l
July 9, 2012 9:36:21 PM

MauveCloud said:
What games do you plan to play in 3d, and what 3d driver? A lot of games turn out to have weird issues in 3d, not always specific to one 3d driver. Also, I can state from personal experience with a 32-inch passive-3d tv, that row-interleaved 3d looked good initially, but after a while, the text became a problem.

It's more so to watch movies on then to game, if i was to game in 3d than it would be l4d2, bfbc2, could try for bf3, LoL, Arma 2, AvP

80% movies
m
l
Related resources
a c 76 C Monitor
July 9, 2012 9:48:45 PM

Have you confirmed that your movies actually support stereoscopic 3d? There aren't that many that do, and from what I've read, doing the 2d to 3d conversion in the tv or monitor won't look nearly as good.
m
l
July 9, 2012 10:03:20 PM

MauveCloud said:
Have you confirmed that your movies actually support stereoscopic 3d? There aren't that many that do, and from what I've read, doing the 2d to 3d conversion in the tv or monitor won't look nearly as good.

ive already owned a benq xl2410t and nvidia 3d vision but was dissapointed with the strain it put on your eyes. All im wondering is which is the better monitor and why?
m
l
a c 76 C Monitor
July 10, 2012 1:14:25 AM

After my own experience with passive 3d, I have trouble recommending any monitor with it, but between those two, I'd say LG is the more reputable brand; I don't see a meaningful difference in the specifications.
m
l
July 11, 2012 2:47:09 AM

Neither, get a VG23AH, its and IPS passive 3D monitor. the CNET review said the 3D was bad but after some digging I found people are saying it was because he used DVI instead of HDMI. Apparently the HDMI 1.4 port it was makes the passive 3D on this beauty work well-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Plus, its got a semi-glossy screen. I haven't heard of any other IPS monitors that have this.
m
l
a c 76 C Monitor
July 11, 2012 3:14:58 AM

HDMI and DVI are both digital. It doesn't make sense to me that switching input type from one to the other could fix problems with passive 3d.
m
l
July 11, 2012 3:29:17 AM

I just stated what other people have said, I'm not quite sure how it would make a difference either, but people are saying they don't experience any really bad ghosting while using hdmi.
m
l
!