[Angband 3.0.6] Strange buglet w/64 bit Linux

More of a minor annoyance than anything else, I'm just posting to see if
anyone else has seen this. I don't remember the problem with 3.0.5 or any
of my previous 32 bit Linuxes

My preference is to play with floor_query_flag = yes and
carry_query_flag = no
But when I save and later restart the game, the values are reversed. I
notice as soon as I try to pick something up or use my ID macro. AFAIK no
other flags get treated this way.

I'm using SuSE 9.2, a pretty standard installation. The only change I made
to Makefile.std was to point LIBS to /usr/X11R6/lib64

Bill

William Peterson wrote:
> More of a minor annoyance than anything else, I'm just posting to see if
> anyone else has seen this. I don't remember the problem with 3.0.5 or any
> of my previous 32 bit Linuxes
>
> My preference is to play with floor_query_flag = yes and
> carry_query_flag = no
> But when I save and later restart the game, the values are reversed. I
> notice as soon as I try to pick something up or use my ID macro. AFAIK no
> other flags get treated this way.

<snip>

Can you please check if you have a *.prf file with option settings in your
~/.angband/Angband/ directory? Grepping for "floor_query_flag" should
reveal the culprit. Such settings will override the settings from your
savefile. Delete the options section from the *.prf file and everything
should be okay.

--
Robert Ruehlmann ( rr9@thangorodrim.net )
"Thangorodrim - The Angband Page" : http://www.thangorodrim.net/
Visit the #angband chat channel at irc.worldirc.org

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:28:00 +0200, Robert Ruehlmann wrote:

> Can you please check if you have a *.prf file with option settings in your
> ~/.angband/Angband/ directory? Grepping for "floor_query_flag" should
> reveal the culprit. Such settings will override the settings from your
> savefile. Delete the options section from the *.prf file and everything
> should be okay.

Thanks, that cleared it up. I don't usually save preferences to file, only
macros and keymaps, but there was a .prf file with options for this
character so I must have done it at some time.

Bill