[Comp] Next comp and results of last one ready

Hello All,

Sorry for the delay, but the technical problems I had are now fixed.
The last competition results are available on the web-site.

The new competition is a FuryMod module on TOME, the character is a
High-Elf Jedi submitted by Billy McVicker. I've included some
instructions on the current competition page and download links.

As this competition is a bit late, I'll let it run to the 7th October.
I was planning on submitting a Quickband game. I'll do that next month
and have a shorter game next month to bring the competition back its
normal 1st of the month start.

Regards

Tony
http://www.angband-comp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Antoine

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2003

avh@softalk.ws wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Sorry for the delay, but the technical problems I had are now fixed.
> The last competition results are available on the web-site.
>
> The new competition is a FuryMod module on TOME, the character is a
> High-Elf Jedi submitted by Billy McVicker. I've included some
> instructions on the current competition page and download links.
>
> As this competition is a bit late, I'll let it run to the 7th October.
> I was planning on submitting a Quickband game.

Suggestion for that QB comp: victory condition is to win the game at
the lowest (max, not current) XP?

A.

Only 2 entries submitted?

I didn't submit my character because I assumed that someone would post a winner
anyway. :)

Anssi Ramela

anssi.ramela@myy.helia.fi

On 7 Sep 2005 as I do recall,
Ramela wrote:

> Only 2 entries submitted?
>
> I didn't submit my character because I assumed that someone would post a winner
> anyway. :)

I submitted mine about two weeks into the competition because I didn't
think I'd ever get a better character, but I didn't expect it to win!

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

Equal bytes for women.

On 2005-09-07 18:25:21, Juergen Frieling <juergen@beer.com> wrote:

> Hm, it seems at least Linux user have to do a lot manual work to get it
> to run - look here: http://forum.t-o-m-e.net/viewtopic.php?t=6556
>
> I don't think I'll try this...
>
> Juergen

I just uploaded a fix for that. It should run fine on Linux now. Didn't add
anything, just fixed that bug.

http://modules.t-o-m-e.net/module.php?id=39

^ Get it there

On 2005-09-07 15:39:03, avh@softalk.ws wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Sorry for the delay, but the technical problems I had are now fixed.
> The last competition results are available on the web-site.
>
> The new competition is a FuryMod module on TOME, the character is a
> High-Elf Jedi submitted by Billy McVicker. I've included some
> instructions on the current competition page and download links.
>
> As this competition is a bit late, I'll let it run to the 7th October.
> I was planning on submitting a Quickband game. I'll do that next month
> and have a shorter game next month to bring the competition back its
> normal 1st of the month start.
>
> Regards
>
> Tony
> http://www.angband-comp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Just a general note, people have to rename the savefile to something else, it is
too long for tome to handle