  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
a b D Laptop
October 19, 2004 10:11:41 PM

I'm using an MN500 MBN base with 2 XP pro stations and 1
2000 station. The base is primarily ran through one of
the XP stations. The 2nd XP station is a Dell laptop.

Prior to me having to reformat my laptop hard drive, my
network was fine. Now, I have internet access but my
laptop cannot "see" the other stations. Funny thing is
that the internet connection is being run through the
network.

The 2 PCs see each other, but don't see the laptop AT ALL.

Any suggestions?!?!?!?!

More about : networking running sharing

October 20, 2004 12:28:20 AM

File & Printer sharing is provided by Windows & thus is a Windows issue.

As such it is off topic in this newsgroup.

Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with "microsoft"
so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products. Next it says
"public" so that means any person can post here. Then it says
"broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it must be talking
about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but not least it says
"hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft hardware for networking
that we talk about.

Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the
Microsoft Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting in
a general networking newsgroup or one for whatever version of Windows
you are running.

Ro wrote:

> I'm using an MN500 MBN base with 2 XP pro stations and 1
> 2000 station. The base is primarily ran through one of
> the XP stations. The 2nd XP station is a Dell laptop.
>
> Prior to me having to reformat my laptop hard drive, my
> network was fine. Now, I have internet access but my
> laptop cannot "see" the other stations. Funny thing is
> that the internet connection is being run through the
> network.
>
> The 2 PCs see each other, but don't see the laptop AT ALL.
>
> Any suggestions?!?!?!?!

assistance.

time.
!