Replacing Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Key Switch?

gtipton55

Honorable
May 9, 2012
So long story short I purchased a blackwidow ultimate mechanical keyboard off ebay. The keyboard came in and I noticed the "N" key wasnt working properly and seemed like the internal of the switch was bent causing the key to not properly pop back up. I contacted Razer initially to see if there was a simple fix of this issue. While I was waiting for a response I accidentally pulled out the internal part of the switch (the blue plastic rod that actually presses down the switch) when I was pulling off the key cap. I updated Razer with what happened and they said that this voided warranty and is considered damage due to abuse (even though I was just removing the cap like I normally would).

Anyways i'm still waiting for a Razer response but don't expect much from this pretty awful company.

AKA
I'm experienced with soldering and was wondering if I could possibly replace this switch myself?

I'm also in contact with the seller of the keyboard trying to work something out.

Thank yall for the time!
Appreciate it

Thebaz568

Reputable
Mar 29, 2014
Hey, sorry to hear you messed up your keyboard. The best way to fix this issue is to purchase a new key switch, however its hard to find authentic razer switches as they are only found when you buy the keyboard. I would recommend buying Cherry MX Blues, I think the they are very similar to the razer swtiches based on what I have heard. Here is a site where I buy MX blues, but Im sure there are other sites with better prices. http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keyboard-parts/cherry-mx-blue-keyswitch-mx1a-e1nn-tactile-click.html