The 6x86 will never die !!!!!!!

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
i was reading tom's reveiw. The p4 is going no where. So intel is going to put the 6x86 "Tulatin" on the 400mhz fsb. The P4 is a dead processor, So if you noticed intel is doing more work on the 6x86. So i would see on the Tulatin, bigger L1 cache 64kb most likely and 512kb L2

Ppro 150mhz - Tulatin 1.4ghz+

WOW isn't that weird.

First person to get a topic banned. ABIT BP6 Lives FOREVER!!!

G

I think the P4 will live on but it is a completely new design, but I do think Intel are wise to further develop the 6x86 line, the P4 will do better when the SSE2 instructions set is more wide spread but until then it has few advantages.....the more choice we have the better that's what I think....

M

UK Prices are <font color=red>toooooooooo</font color=red> high , keep competition going to bring em down :smile:

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
i believe that the 8kb L1 cache is screwing it up. it atleast needs 32kb and more fpu rebuilding.

First person to get a topic banned. ABIT BP6 Lives FOREVER!!!

G

it could well be the low cache but it will probably grow as It seems that the on die cache is where they cut back to save money, as for the FPU it was more than a little short sighted to cripple it to that extent, even if it does run faster with optimised instruction......but intel and other huge corps have to fix plans a good year or two in advance thus finding it very hard to perform an about turn with any ease....

UK Prices are <font color=red>toooooooooo</font color=red> high , keep competition going to bring em down :smile:

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The P4 is not dead or going anywhere. they are coming out with the "northwood" version of the P4 @ .13 micron
The northwood will have more pins needing a new socket.

The current P4 was released so that new products can be developed and tested with SSE2 and P4 design.

Yes we all knew at the release of the current P4 that the socket was going to change in a few months. BUT we were able to do alot of coding for SSE2 and alot of products have SSE2 extensions.

So the release of current P4 was not a waste of time or money. You didn't understand it, so that gives your all the ammo to slam Intel giving bad info. People like you actually believe the crap you spread (very sad).

Showing your ignorance is very common here from AMD users. You gotta realize that Intel leads the way in development on everything PC. If the P4 was such a lame duck then why would AMD adopt its instruction set? (cant wait to hear your replies on that one)

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
6x86 will die eventually. People were saying that 16-bit computing would never die but look what happened. Oh and don't forget that famous saying by bill gates! "648kb is all the space anyone would ever need!"

----------------------
I don't hate Intel............ Do I?