Just downloaded the Windows binary of ZAngband 2.7.4c, to see what all
the kids are talking about. :)

In order to make extra sure I'm as up-to-date as possible I press 'V'
to check the version number. A message appears: "You are playing
ZAngband 2.7.4b." Slightly odd, that little b.

This is not important at all, of course, but for some reason it bugs
me...

Edo

Edo wrote:
> Just downloaded the Windows binary of ZAngband 2.7.4c, to see what all
> the kids are talking about. :)
>
> In order to make extra sure I'm as up-to-date as possible I press 'V'
> to check the version number. A message appears: "You are playing
> ZAngband 2.7.4b." Slightly odd, that little b.
>
> This is not important at all, of course, but for some reason it bugs
> me...
>
> Edo

Well, you might want to try http://sourceforge.net/projects/zangband
and get version 2.7.5pre. Most of the bugs in 274c were solved and I
introduced some new ones. At least when you press V you'll get the
right answer.

Willem.

On 18 Sep 2005 09:53:35 -0700, "Willem Siemelink"
<willem@siemelink.net> wrote:

> Well, you might want to try http://sourceforge.net/projects/zangband
> and get version 2.7.5pre. Most of the bugs in 274c were solved and I
> introduced some new ones. At least when you press V you'll get the
> right answer.

Thank you for a serious answer to a tongue-in-cheek posting. It hadn't
occurred to me to look for a newer version on SF (only looked on
zangband.org and thangorodrim.net). I'll let you know if I get annoyed
by something entirely unimportant again. ;)

Best,

Edo

I play 2.7.5pre1, and, although I'm more of a Hengband person, and I've
only got as far as a few levels down in Darkwater, it seems to work
fine and the idea of a 'preview' shouldn't put anyone off too much.