[V] HT Warrior and Rod of Speed - sell or use?

My Half-Troll Warrior found a Rod of Speed on dlvl 3, clvl 5.
I think I have seen only a few of these before, very deep in the dungeon.

Two questions:

Which is less likely: to find a Rod of Speed this early, or
to activate it succesfully with a clvl 5 Half-Troll Warrior (INT 4)?

Should I sell it or does the device skill improve enough to make it useful later?

Juho Schultz wrote:
> My Half-Troll Warrior found a Rod of Speed on dlvl 3, clvl 5.
> I think I have seen only a few of these before, very deep in the dungeon.
>
> Two questions:
>
> Which is less likely: to find a Rod of Speed this early, or to activate
> it succesfully with a clvl 5 Half-Troll Warrior (INT 4)?

No idea :).

> Should I sell it or does the device skill improve enough to make it
> useful later?

It will be useful later. Don't sell it. Even deep down you might need
few tries before it works, but it saves quite a few potions of speed.

Timo Pietilä

Timo Pietilä <timo.pietila@helsinki.fi> writes:

> Juho Schultz wrote:
> > My Half-Troll Warrior found a Rod of Speed on dlvl 3, clvl 5.
> > I think I have seen only a few of these before, very deep in the dungeon.
> > Two questions:
> > Which is less likely: to find a Rod of Speed this early, or to
> > activate it succesfully with a clvl 5 Half-Troll Warrior (INT 4)?
>
> No idea :).
>
> > Should I sell it or does the device skill improve enough to make it
> > useful later?
>
> It will be useful later. Don't sell it. Even deep down you might need
> few tries before it works, but it saves quite a few potions of speed.

And you will have times that you can afford to keep trying it repeatedly
until it works, and only then wake up the monster you intend to attack
while speeded.

Still, you should probably keep it in your home now; you don't want it
to be stolen by a monster you can't hunt down.

--
David Grabiner, grabiner@alumni.princeton.edu, http://remarque.org/~grabiner
Baseball labor negotiations FAQ: http://remarque.org/~grabiner/laborfaq.html