r_info.txt ZAngband error

I've decided to try my hand at creating a minor variant of ZAngband
(2.7.5pre1), by adding more content (it'll be called Contraband -
CONtent exTRA zangBAND)) . However, it seems I've fallen at the first
hurdle.

Adding 6 extra monsters to r_info.txt, I get the error:

Error at line 14853 of 'r_info' -more-
Record 891 [this refers to Greater Dymensional Wyrm] contains a 'too
many entries' error. Parsing 'N:892' -more-

It then crashes. Can someone offer a little advice. I've deleted the
raw file as instructed.

The last few lines of my file are:

N:891:Great Dimensional Wyrm
G:D:G
I:120:35d58:25:55:15
W:70:6:0:218000
O:50:50:0
B:CLAW:HURT:6d15
B:CLAW:HURT:6d15
B:BITE:HURT:8d15
F:FORCE_SLEEP | FORCE_MAXHP | DUN_CAVERN | WILD_FOREST1 | WILD_GRASS
F:ONLY_ITEM | DROP_3D2 |
F:INVISIBLE | ATTR_CLEAR | DROP_GOOD |
F:CAN_FLY | PASS_WALL | POWERFUL | MOVE_BODY |
F:SMART | WEIRD_MIND |
F:DRAGON | NO_CONF | NO_SLEEP |
F:RES_NEXU | RES_TELE |
S:1_IN_4 |
S:BR_GRAV | BR_INER | BR_NEXU | BR_TIME |
S:HASTE | SLOW | HOLD |
S:BLINK | TPORT | TELE_TO | TELE_AWAY | TELE_LEVEL |
D:This immense, vaguely dragon-shaped distortion in the ether has
D:mastered the magics of both space and time.

N:892:Lost Mimic {note: *line 14853*}
G:%:B
I:110:11d5:25:15:0
W:25:3:0:750
O:0:0:0
F:CHAR_MIMIC | DUN_TOWER | DUN_CITY
F:FORCE_SLEEP | NEVER_MOVE |
F:EMPTY_MIND | COLD_BLOOD |
F:NO_CONF | NO_SLEEP | NO_FEAR |
B:HIT:CONFUSE:2d3
B:HIT:HURT:2d3
S:1_IN_8
S:TPORT
D:It is a mimic that has found itself in your dimension.
D:It imitates an odd twisting structure that must be common in its own
world.
D:But here, it just looks a bit silly.

N:893:Land Crab
G:S:eek:
I:120:8d4:25:20:5
W:10:1:0:100
O:0:0:0
F:WEIRD_MIND | BASH_DOOR | DUN_LAIR | DUN_CAVERN | WILD_GRASS |
WILD_WASTE1
F:ANIMAL | DROP_SKELETON | WILD_SHORE | DUN_DARKWATER
B:BITE:HURT:2d4
D:It is a very large crab, with prominent pincers and a bright orange
color.

N:894:Great Crab
G:S:r
I:120:11d4:25:20:5
W:15:1:0:200
O:0:0:0
F:WEIRD_MIND | BASH_DOOR | DUN_LAIR | DUN_CAVERN | WILD_GRASS |
WILD_WASTE1
F:ANIMAL | DROP_SKELETON | WILD_SHORE
B:BITE:HURT:3d5
D:It must be the largest crab you have ever seen! It pincers seem to
shake with anger.

N:895:Black Crab
G:S:s
I:120:9d4:25:20:5
W:15:1:0:165
O:0:0:0
F:WEIRD_MIND | BASH_DOOR | DUN_LAIR | DUN_CAVERN | WILD_GRASS |
WILD_WASTE1
F:ANIMAL | DROP_SKELETON | WILD_SHORE | NO_FEAR
B:BITE:TERRIFY:3d5
B:BITE:HURT:3d5
D:It is entirely black, except for its glowing red eyes. It instills
its prey with fear.

N:896:Blue Crab
G:S:B
I:120:6d4:25:20:5
W:8:2:0:50
O:0:0:0
F:WEIRD_MIND | BASH_DOOR | DUN_LAIR | DUN_CAVERN | WILD_GRASS |
WILD_WASTE1
F:ANIMAL | DROP_SKELETON | WILD_SHORE | DUN_DARKWATER
B:BITE:CONFUSE:2d2
B:BITE:HURT:2d2
D:It is a small, exotic crab, colored a mesmerising reflective blue
with orange
D:streaks.

N:897:Fire Crab
G:S:s
I:120:9d4:25:20:5
W:14:2:0:155
O:0:0:0
F:WEIRD_MIND | BASH_DOOR | DUN_LAIR | DUN_CAVERN | WILD_GRASS |
WILD_WASTE1
F:ANIMAL | DROP_SKELETON | WILD_SHORE | DUN_DARKWATER
B:BITE:FIRE:3d5
D:A close relative to the black crab, this creature has piping hot
pincers.

Monsters 892+ are my own.

Please help if you can.

ashleypoet@hotmail.com wrote:
>Adding 6 extra monsters to r_info.txt, I get the error:
>Error at line 14853 of 'r_info' -more-
>Record 891 [this refers to Greater Dymensional Wyrm] contains a 'too
>many entries' error. Parsing 'N:892' -more-
>
>It then crashes. Can someone offer a little advice. I've deleted the
>raw file as instructed.

This is a bit misleading. The actual problem is in the file "misc.txt",
where you need to increase the number of monster races. I'm not sure if
that's all, I seem to recall some other problems but that could've been
many versions ago...

>N:891:Great Dimensional Wyrm

Looks painful.

>N:892:Lost Mimic {note: *line 14853*}

This one somehow fits Z well in my mind...

>N:893:Land Crab
>N:894:Great Crab
>N:895:Black Crab
>N:896:Blue Crab
>N:897:Fire Crab

Nice idea, though there are quite a few 'S' monsters already. Still,
with the nrw dungeon scheme, a lot of new monsters aren't a bad thing,
as long as they're different enough from earlier ones.

Otto Martin
--
23:14<Kaphy> :) onko kaikilla kerhoilla aina näin vaikeeta
23:14<cheant> millään kerholla ei ole koskaan näin vaikeeta

Otto, thanks for you reply, your suggestion worked, and I can now
continue (for as long as I can reserve any momentum or free time...)
with this daunting project. The new mod is to be called Contraband, and
the initial aims are to greatly increase the number of monsters (by
250+ (wishful thinking! I have already jotted down some ideas for some,
from Mischevious Chimp, War Elephant and Animated Lump of Sour Milk)
add many new Uniques and, in the vein of NetHack and more importantly
Japanese coin-up pick-ups like those from Bubble Bobble, many new
comestibles.

I predict it'll take a *long while* for any early version to come out,
perhaps with 40+ monsters included.

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> N:893:Land Crab

If you're going to add a Land Crab then you might also consider adding
Land Shark, the cleverest species of them all.

"Who is it?"
"Plumber, ma'am..."

ashleypoet@hotmail.com wrote:
>the initial aims are to greatly increase the number of monsters (by
>250+ (wishful thinking! I have already jotted down some ideas for some,
>from Mischevious Chimp, War Elephant and Animated Lump of Sour Milk)

Just remember to use the SILLY flag where appropriate, and I'll probably
be interested enough to test it. (First: maybe, second: not, third:
definitely)

>add many new Uniques and, in the vein of NetHack and more importantly
>Japanese coin-up pick-ups like those from Bubble Bobble, many new
>comestibles.

With the new Lua code, you should try to think up some small (useful)
effects for eating them. (Two-round temporary telepathy! Whee!)

Otto Martin
--
23:14<Kaphy> :) onko kaikilla kerhoilla aina näin vaikeeta
23:14<cheant> millään kerholla ei ole koskaan näin vaikeeta
#xcalibur, 18.9.2005

why not add a card shark while your at it. Could be some kind of master
Trump monster :)

Rhukath