[Announcement]Animeband 059 ("Change! Switch On! One! Two!..

Yes, it has almost been a year. Come to think of it, I'm not sure that the
people of rgra care since I don't think anyone from rgra actually plays
Animeband (the people seem to come from everywhere BUT here), but I figure I'll
post this here as well anyways.

Unlike the previous Animebands, this one is very stable and surprisingly
balanced. Even I'm surprised at the result; for once, it is actually extremely
fun. I may have to hand the title for "Worst Variant Ever" back to ToME ;)

Grab it here:
http://angband.oook.cz/animeband/

And here's the (massive) changelist:
http://angband.oook.cz/animeband/changes.html

Hope y'all have fun with this one.

--
AKA Yumi_Saotome on #angband

It seems as if my archiving program deleted empty directories for no reason.
You can either just create those folders, or redownload it. I have upped a
fully working version.

Sorry about that, and I hope you have fun with this.

--
AKA Yumi_Saotome on #angband

As a (new) member of RGRA, as a fan of japanese gaming (but not their
cartoons), I do play Animeband every now and again, albeit scarcely.
Strangest thing is though one reason I like (the Japanese-developed)
Hengband so much is that for me it is strongly reminiscent of the great
"Final Fantasy V", in that it shares a few classes - Red Mage, Blue
Mage, etc., and has a strange familiarity of it. I'll give Animeband a
shot.

Hmmm,

group hug for Ernest Huang who clearly
doesnt get enough lovin' from this group ;)

If you have a Mac version, I will play.

T.

peter

On 2005-09-24 00:34:18, Ernest Huang <animeband@oook.cz> wrote:

> Yes, it has almost been a year. Come to think of it, I'm not sure that the
> people of rgra care since I don't think anyone from rgra actually plays
> Animeband (the people seem to come from everywhere BUT here), but I figure I'll
> post this here as well anyways.
>
> Unlike the previous Animebands, this one is very stable and surprisingly
> balanced. Even I'm surprised at the result; for once, it is actually extremely
> fun. I may have to hand the title for "Worst Variant Ever" back to ToME ;)
>
> Grab it here:
> http://angband.oook.cz/animeband/
>
> And here's the (massive) changelist:
> http://angband.oook.cz/animeband/changes.html
>
> Hope y'all have fun with this one.
>
> --
> AKA Yumi_Saotome on #angband

This is indeed very nice ! Although those nasty guards inflict far too much
damage...

How about some class/style powers spoilers ?...there are many cryptic names, and
not enough explanation - ability to 'b'rowse all magic types (under "m" and "U"
menus) would be nice.

Cheers.
Peter

On 2005-09-24 18:24:41, Peter <KasperskiP@acn.waw.pl> wrote:

> This is indeed very nice ! Although those nasty guards inflict far too much
> damage...
>
> How about some class/style powers spoilers ?...there are many cryptic names, and
> not enough explanation - ability to 'b'rowse all magic types (under "m" and "U"
> menus) would be nice.
>
> Cheers.
> Peter

Konijn: Nah, it's cool. This game actually made people interested in roguelikes
that otherwise wouldn't have been :)

Peter:I put the descriptions in the help files, I believe. I also updated a
Sentai Spoiler on the FAQ page. If you have any other questions, feel free to
ask me, and I will also update that on the FAQ page too.

--
AKA Yumi_Saotome on #angband