thanks in advance.
Paul

elliott

On 2005-09-27 00:49:17, "Paul Graham" <paul.graham@rogers.spam.com> wrote:

> I downloaded the latest ToME and I cannot get any text!
>
> I get the yellow box cursor but thats it. I cannot even go into "=" options
> to begin to play with lit squares because I can't see any text at all, and
> the old trick of commenting out specific lines in the win-fon.prf file
> dosn't work either.
>
> This is just a clean install of ToME onto WInXP...what gives?
>
> I have searched the ToME formus and googled r.g.r.a but can't find an
> answer, or anyone else who even has this problem.
>
> thanks in advance.
> Paul

Keep searching the forums. I've had this problem a couple times, but for life
of me can't remember how I solved it.

Paul Graham wrote:
> I downloaded the latest ToME and I cannot get any text!
>
> I get the yellow box cursor but thats it. I cannot even go into "=" options
> to begin to play with lit squares because I can't see any text at all, and
> the old trick of commenting out specific lines in the win-fon.prf file
> dosn't work either.
>
> This is just a clean install of ToME onto WInXP...what gives?
>
> I have searched the ToME formus and googled r.g.r.a but can't find an
> answer, or anyone else who even has this problem.
>
> thanks in advance.
> Paul

I had same problems on XP, I ended up changing the font and everything
worked. IIRC I tried the Bizarre Display and that didn't work. I
changed the font for each window (I use 5)

HTH

DE

Paul Graham wrote:

> I downloaded the latest ToME and I cannot get any text!
>
> I get the yellow box cursor but thats it. I cannot even go into "="
> options to begin to play with lit squares because I can't see any text at
> all, and the old trick of commenting out specific lines in the win-fon.prf
> file dosn't work either.
>
> This is just a clean install of ToME onto WInXP...what gives?
>
> I have searched the ToME formus and googled r.g.r.a but can't find an
> answer, or anyone else who even has this problem.
>
> thanks in advance.
> Paul

Try 'Bizarre display' in the options menu.
Pia