Status
Not open for further replies.
Dual core? Not enough information. Could be better, or could be worse than all the rest.

Core i3 is more recent CPU design than Core 2 Duo.
You'd need to compare model numbers to know which CPU would be more powerful though. Generally, at the same price point, the Core i3/i5/i7 will perform better than and C2D/C2Q.
Compare specific CPU models here: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/

Won't be long before the new Sandy Bridge Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs will be coming out that should lead the pack in performance.

Klosteral

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
Actually, I do not agree with the comment "at the same price point, the Core i3/i5/i7 will perform better than and C2D/C2Q"

My desktop has an Intel E6300 Dual Core 2.8GHz (overclocked to a 3.1GHz). Even without overclocking, it out does any i3 and almost any 2-core i5.

Just like you pay more for Alienware as a "Brand Name", you pay more for Core iX series processors because you pay for "Brand Name".

-Klosteral

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010

Sorry but you are wrong on all of your points.

1. C2D do not "out do" and i3 processors, let an i5 dual core. This is ESPECIALLY TRUE if you don't overclock. And lets not forget that the i3 - i5 series OC's just as good if not better.

2. You can get an brand new i3 550 for $114.99. The only c2d thats cheaper than it new is an e6800 for $15 less, and the i3 will beat it hands down.

Your "Brand Name" argument is invalid. Compare C2Q to i7's. The C2Q's get RAPED, and are more expensive...so what do you have to say about that?

Please don't put false information into peoples head Klosteral.

Klosteral

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
My own desktop has an E6300 2.8GHz Dual-Core (as I said) which cost me $89AUD.
That means it would be less in USD, right? Any ix series processor costs more that $100.
My friend has a 2.4GHz quad that I have on very good authority was cheaper than equivalent i7 core processors. I have not checked his specifications further but through personal discoveries I will push my point forward.

Maybe this ONLY applies to my E6300 when compared to certain ix models but I speak only from personal experience and not from full research. You are probably more correct than I am and I apologise for any wrong information I display.

I am content to stop talking and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.