Sign in with
Your question

Usb drivers missing for toshiba

Last response: in Windows 7
January 7, 2013 5:18:09 PM

i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5206
the drivers for the Ethernet Controller, SM Bus controller, Universal Serial Bus Controller, and USB2.0-CRW are missing so they dont get installed properly.
i also cant find these drivers anywhere
can someone help me?
January 7, 2013 5:52:20 PM

ive searched this and cant find the drivers
m
l
Related resources
January 7, 2013 6:03:23 PM

ive seen this page
im talking about those specific drivers
cant seem to find anything that specifically has them
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
a b D Laptop
January 7, 2013 6:09:43 PM

Every single one of the drivers you listed is there. SM Bus Controller driver is part of the chipset drivers. Every other driver is listed separately.
m
l
January 7, 2013 6:48:55 PM

cant find usb 2.0-crw
tried the usb 3.0 but didnt work
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
a b D Laptop
January 7, 2013 7:07:02 PM

The "-crw" is your clue. You're not looking for USB 2.0 port drivers, you're looking for a device driver for a USB 2.0 device. Most likely the webcam. If not then you'll need to google the vendor ID string to determine what the device is.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 201 D Laptop
January 7, 2013 8:08:41 PM

USB2.0-CRW is your card reader driver.
m
l
April 11, 2013 9:21:32 AM

i just bought a brand new toshiba laptop and installed windows 7 on it, removed windows 8. i had the same issues, it took me about a day to find the correct place to search for the missing drivers. the drivers were found on the AMD website and realtek if this is what you have. it seems that toshiba does not have the latest update on their website.

This is where i found the ethernet driver.

http://drivers.softpedia.com/downloadTag/Realtek+LAN+Dr...

m
l
June 20, 2013 5:21:57 PM

I had the same issue with the USB2.0-CRW driver missing for my Satellite C855-S5103, I went to Realtek website and downloaded the reader checking tool at: http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Lan...
This completed my missing drivers for downgrading this laptop to windows 7 x64.
m
l
September 12, 2013 9:26:49 AM

how to downlad all toshiba drivers for bluetooth for windows 8
m
l
February 20, 2014 6:31:25 AM

I have Toshiba Satellite L55-A5226 downgrade to Windows 7

I located other driver but can't find driver for this one "Universal Serial Bus Controller" any help please?

TIA,
m
l
February 21, 2014 3:03:45 AM

lostnecrodeath said:
the drivers for the Ethernet Controller, SM Bus controller, Universal Serial Bus Controller, and USB2.0-CRW are missing so they dont get installed properly.
can someone help me?

m
l
May 2, 2014 9:40:04 AM

lostnecrodeath said:
can someone help me?

hopefully your querry is solved but in case it isnt you can check for drivers on intel website depending on your system, toshiba also has a driver download page which allows you to select your device and search for its drivers, you can also you toshiba software installer it checks and downloads few drivers automatically and as for usb2.0 me too is having trouble for it. let me know if you got a suggestion
m
l
May 28, 2014 5:10:54 PM

I have the same problem with 2 different Toshiba laptops that we had to take back to Win7 professional to support proprietary client software. Toshiba Support can't even tell me as a reseller & tech WHO made the USB 3 device we need the driver for. The level II tech I had did a session to see if anything he had could resolve who made the parts... no luck. He spent an hour working the remote and called me to say he would try contacting Toshiba Engineering to see if they know who made the USB 3 for their board.

Apparantly AMD covered the USB 3 driver for Windows 8... but not Win 7. Any ideas?

m
l
May 28, 2014 7:10:52 PM

The file provided above: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Window... , brought up an install so I did the manual version so I coupld pick and choose the right items and only items I needed. The other drivers are for a very different type of system and not for APU, but I have to report that the SM Bus and USB 3 drivers all worked with Win7 when the new 14-4 did not.!

I was on the horn with Toshiba reseler support for an hour today...and they had no available solution, so thankyou very much
m
l
!