Choppy Video Playback

montagical

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Okay, so I have a three monitor setup, and when I'm watching say Netflix on one monitor and I open a full screen game in the other, the video on the seconday monitor becomes incredible choppy, like 5 FPS. Any fixes for this?

montagical

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Netflix uses Microsoft silverlight, I have tried fullscreen and windowed, both present really low FPS. I just installed VLC and will try that now, maybe it's a issue with Silverlight.

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
that's what i was thinking, because it also has to stream the video within a webpage. i know with VLC you can change the playback to use something other than the automatic plugin and use OpenCL which helps with not interfering with the DirectX used in games.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
I would actually having the exact same problem. 3 monitors, video playback stutters when I'm playing a game on one monitor. I've tried configuring all the settings but nothing!.

I tried VLC player, media player and even the built in Video player. No help!

Also when I use Media player and I watch a video for more than 15 mins it begins to stutter, I haven't seen it happen yet in VLC player.

Anyhelp would be appreciated!

Btw if I install codecs (Klite for example) would I be able to use the built in Video player (similar to media center) to play mkv files?

G

You should try giving the video a higher priority than the game in task manager

jgnieuwhof

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
I have the exact same issue! It's not a matter of specs; when I run the game in windowed mode alongside VLC there is no stuttering. It is a full-screen specific issue. Definitely something on the OS side changed, as I upgraded to Windows 8 today and didn't run into this issue this morning on Windows 7. Does anyone have a lead on a fix?