[Crawl] Killing mummies...

I accidentally killed a guardian mummy (bumped into it, or rather,
it fell into my sword, when it probably already was slogging around
in tatters), but nothing noticably bad happend. My potions and other
stuff seem unaffected. Did really nothing happen or just nothing
immediately apparent?

Here are the relevant messages:

You destroy the guardian mummy!
You feel extremely nervous for a moment...
You shiver with cold.

Thanks!

--
Tina the Basher - a Follower of the Regrettable Nasty Gun

T.Hall@railroad.robin.de (Tina Hall) wrote in message news:<593441693@railroad.robin.de>...
> I accidentally killed a guardian mummy (bumped into it, or rather,
> it fell into my sword, when it probably already was slogging around
> in tatters), but nothing noticably bad happend. My potions and other
> stuff seem unaffected. Did really nothing happen or just nothing
> immediately apparent?
>
> Here are the relevant messages:
>
> You destroy the guardian mummy!
> You feel extremely nervous for a moment...
> You shiver with cold.
>
> Thanks!

"You feel extremely nervous for a moment..."
"You shiver with cold."

Means you may have become weaker to cold attacks... or you simply feel
cold or you took minor cold damage, but not enough to show. Or it
could mean absolutely nothing at all and is just there mocking you
into insanity and paranoya. :p

Tina Hall wrote:
> I accidentally killed a guardian mummy (bumped into it, or rather,
> it fell into my sword, when it probably already was slogging around
> in tatters), but nothing noticably bad happend. My potions and other
> stuff seem unaffected. Did really nothing happen or just nothing
> immediately apparent?
>
> Here are the relevant messages:
>
> You destroy the guardian mummy!
> You feel extremely nervous for a moment...
> You shiver with cold.

The mummy curses come in two sizes: 'nervous' (normal mummies) means
that your stuff was cursed, while 'extremely nervous' means that you are
hit by a necromantic misscast effect (Kiku can help you here). The
nominal spell level of this effect depends on the size of the mummy (3
for guardian, 8 for priest, 11 for greater). So in short: nothing happened.

Lars