Suddenly no bass...

replayed

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
Hi everyone,
When I pulled out my USB headset a few days ago. After that I didn't have any bass in Spotify. When I click on the subwoofer in the Realtek HD driver it does play the sound and then my sub does work. In windows audio, in control center, when I test it my sub works too. But when I try it on Windows Media Player, Spotify, a game, YouTube NO. There is no bass at all...
Does anyone know a fix. I think I have had this before but I do not remember what I did then...
Any ideas?

replayed

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011

What do you mean? I have used my headset multiple times yesterday and today... I guess it already reloaded it then?

replayed

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011

I do have bass from my headset but I do not have bass from my surround set...

Check the realtek panel(Realtek HD Audio Manager) for an option called "Enable Bass Management"(it is right under speaker fill and sub/center swap). Try switching it off if it was on.

EDIT.

It is also under enhancements from the audio properties(Playback devices -> Your Speakers -> Enhancements) in Windows.

replayed

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011

Motherboard MSI 990FX-GD80, using drivers from MSI LiveUpdate
Old 5.1 Konig CMP-HEADSET29 There are no new drivers, I'm using the XP drivers because the Vista one doesn't work.
using 3 3,5mm jacks into my reciever...

replayed

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
THAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU NUKEMASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The program is Dutch on my pc so it is called 'Laagbeheer', direct translation would be layer manager.
THIS TOTALLY WORKED. I probably tried out these options the last time!
Thank you so much man!

The option prevents lower frequencies from hitting satellite speakers that can not take it, but most computer speakers and even stereos can take the bass from the satellite channels and redirect it internally.

I am surprised that with full range speakers enabled it still does it, but ohh well.

I use it for night mode sometimes :) cuts the bass quite well.

Chetan Petru

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
i have similar problem too,last night my brother was using the heatset and he turn of the speakers because it was mid night and continue to use the heatset and then turn of the pc.In the next morning i want to leasen some music and notice that i have no bass,all speakers ar working and in Sounds from control panel in test all are working fine,but my subwoofer dosnt sound at all when i play music on my PC,i repeat the sistem is working perfect i have a Genius 5.1 1600 and a sound card Creative SB X-FI any help?