G

Compatability with what? I've heard that if you toss them in a toaster, it doesnt make your bread cook any faster... and that is if you can get it to work with the toaster at all... but beyond that.. plugging them into supporting motherboards seems to work well...

well.. at least in my opinion

-AMD's are not for the faint of heart... Intels? those are for newbies :eek:)-

dhlucke

Polypheme
I agree with you. However "some" people say that the AMD systems have "compatiblity" issues. I just want to set the record straight and let people share their experiences.

My Duron 800 with an Asus A7V works like a charm.

HamsterSlayer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
In the days of the K5 and K6 there were some issues with certain applications. Those are long gone though.

An Athlon, Duron or Athlon Thunderbird is just as compatible with everything as any other CPU available today.

G

He could be talking about the problem via and win2k had before the patch came out...

G

As long as you use recent drivers for your chipset, they are just as compatible as anything else. I have mutliple AMD systems, and they are very stable.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
the AMD processor has no incompatabilities whatsoever. IF there are any incompatabilities it's with the VIA chipset.

-----------------
Satan Clara...... 'Nuff said.