[AVANOR] Is there a better version of the game available?

I have been running version 0.5.7 under Windows 98. Unfortunately,
this crashes with an illegal operation, a page fault, after about 40
minutes, or after restoring from a saved game.

It's an enjoyable roguelike, if I could only get it to run correctly.

All suggestions gratefully received.

john.ward52@btopenworld.com (John D. Ward) wrote:

>I have been running version 0.5.7 under Windows 98. Unfortunately,
>this crashes with an illegal operation, a page fault, after about 40
>minutes, or after restoring from a saved game.

I have just compiled the game for DOS and did not notice a crash after
restoring a game. If you are using the Windows version, try the DOS build
on the Avanor page instead. (My compiled version completely occupies the
processor, though.)

--
Philipp Lucas
phlucas@online-club.de