Thunderbird 950 registers as a Duron

G

In norton systemworks, and the system info in control panel and dxdiag my 950 thunderbird is registering as a duron. Do i have a bum chip where the cache isnt working? The bios registers it as an athlon when i boot up, im running on a msi k7t 2a, with bios revision 1.9. thanks for the help folks

G

I'd say it's nortons fault, email that guy up and tell him about it

G

They dont even make durons that fast, so I am inclined to agree that Norton is at fault.
You should download SiSoft Sandra's little utility. It is very very usefull and very very free :)
www.sisoftware.demon.co.uk+sisoft+sandra

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ilowrider on 02/12/01 09:16 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

I used the sissoft and it says I have 64kb L2 cache on my 950 duron... the model information says athlon/thunderbird though. any other ideas, or should i start calling companies tommorrow?

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yikes that means it is in fact a duron... or at least functioning like one. Did you build this machine or did someone else? Give me your email and I will send you a small program to be sure

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

G

Try the utility on this page labeled AMD CPUID (its at the very top)
http://www.amd.com/products/cpg/bin/

G

well this time when i booted up it registered as an athlon, but i dont know if thats cause i ran the amd cpuid and cpou info's. now windows system et all is displaying it as an athlon. this is so weird. im going to reboot and see what happens

G

Well t registers as a Duron now. I bought this OEM. i have no idea whats going on with this, so it looks like i call the retailler.

G

They dont even make durons that fast, so I am inclined to agree that Norton is at fault.>>>>>

Not stock but my Duron 700 is at 1045MHz so someone could be trying to slip him a $45.00 cpu for a $160.00 cpu. Whatever the deal something is up and he needs to call the place where he got it at and have it replaced. I wouldn't take NO for an answer either...

BatMan