Acer aspire 5732z wont install windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabrok

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
Hello, My acer aspire wont boot windows, its get stuck on the on the windows screen (blue with the white bird). I have also tried to re install windows 7 home premium, and this gets stuck at the "set up starting" screen.

Any ideas?

G

It rather sounds like a hard drive problem. I'd start by looking for a test suite download from the hard drive maker that loads using a self booting CD image or floppy (assuming your computer has one).

Or one of the free data test/recovery programs from people like On Track -- http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.co.uk/data-recovery-downloads/

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007

This should be selected as the best answer I can't do anything but concur.

Download and burn the ISO http://www.memtest.org/#downiso let the test do its thing and just let it be.
If it reports any errors then you know its the ram if not then I would agree with the others the hard-drive seems
like the most likely culprit. I would also think overheating could be part of this bit it seems a bit unlikely for it to do such so fast to not even be able to boot into windows.

If you happen to know someone with another laptop who wouldn't mind swapping your hard-drive into theirs to give it a
test I certainly advise you to do that as well. If you need any help finding a hard-drive or have anymore questions feel free to ask.

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
I had a similar issue after trying to restore my Gateway after a really bad BSOD. if it's freezing when it's attempting to setup windows for the first time it's most likely your hard drive. Could be the RAM as well it's one or the other I'm absolutely sure of it having experienced basically the same thing. I sent my laptop in for a new hard drive personally (still under warranty so why spend money when I don't have to)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS