Hi, I would like to know your opinion over these two laptops, Alienware M11x vs. ASUS G73JH RoG 17.3-Inch.
For instance, the ASUS G73JH cost about $1600.00 USD with the following specs:
ASUS G73JH-X5 Republic of Gamers 17.3-Inch
* Intel i7-720QM (1.60 GHz Quad-Core with Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz)
* 8GB DDR3 1066MHz , 4 SODIMM Sockets, up to 8GB
* 640GB (320GB x 2) 7200RPM HDD; Blue-Ray Disk Combo Drive; 802.11 b/g/n
* ATI 5870 Graphics with 1G GDDR5; Windows Home Premium 64-bit Operating System
* 17.3-Inch Full HD
(1920 x 1080) LED Display; 2.0M Webcam;
whereas the M11x I am looking at cost about $900 USD, and has the following specs:
* 1.3GHz Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300 Processor with 3MB cache
* 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz (two DIMMs)
* 320GB, 7200 RPM SATA hard drive (no internal optical drive--use external)
* 11.6-inch high-definition widescreen 720p (1366 x 768) LCD; HDMI output
* Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit) Operating System
So is there any other Alienware model which can be better compared to ASUS G73 with similar specs and price? Thanks.
More about :alienware m11x m17x asus g73jh rog inch
That is correct. You are much better buying the best ASUS G73 you can find than any Alienware laptop. Ignore the M11x completely; with no DVD drive and a tiny screen, it is useless (to me at least).
You should also take note that the alienware will weigh about 1 kg more than the ASUS just because of all the useless extras (like lights) and the "cool" design. Also, the crossfire system will mean more cooling is needed, also adding to the weight.
Also consider heating, they will both be prone to overheating because they cram so much power into that small unit.
The alienware has a Crossfire system which will lead to increased temperature and it actually has 2GB less RAM than the ASUS.
The ASUS has 2GB more RAM, a better graphics set-up, more HDD space, a Blu-Ray drive and a Full HD 1920x1080 LED screen.