2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
between 15" and 17" but I've saw a 18" with fine specs
3. What screen resolution do you want?
this is not important to me
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
it probably will be plugged to the power line most of the time.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
High. starcraf2, civ 5, Diablo 3 (when it will be available), crysis, etc.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
watching movies, some occasional photo editing, internet surfing, some programming (T-SQL, .net)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
320Gb or more
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I'm restricted to amazon.com
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? as long as I can or it last
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD ROM/Writer, blu ray optional
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Acer HP Toshiba
My last laptop was an HP dv6768se and it stopped working. black screen, the led lights, fan and other parts work but it doesn't start. it was bought in 2008, just worked 2 years. Maybe the video card is broken.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
-- I've researched this options in Amazon. so far I like the Acer AS8943G-9319, but it is huge 18.4" and weights 10.1 pounds.