[Crawl] Meeting a ghost.

How do you kill, or otherwise deal with, the ghost of a previous character?

Loonie

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2001

John D. Ward .-- .-. --- - . ---...

> How do you kill, or otherwise deal with, the ghost of a previous character?

The best IMO is to be Necromancer and cast Dispel Undead ;-)
The description of ghost may be useful, i.e. to know what you can expect
from the ghost, ghosts never follow you by stairs from my experience, so if
you feel it's too hard for you, leave it alone and come back to the level
later. When killed usually they give nice amount of experience so using a
wand is not a bad idea (ghosts cannot be damaged by draining and pure cold
<except Ice Bolt and Ice Storm spells I suppose> ).

--
Loonie
---------------------------------------

Christopher Nehren wrote:
> On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 10:56:55 EDT, John D. Ward scribbled these
> curious markings:

<snip>

> Speaking of that, if you kill a ghost, what's the probability that they
> drop items?

Zero I would expect, unless you run into a bug.

Graeme Dice
--
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
-- Albert Einstein.

Graeme Dice <grdice@sasktel.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message news:<go_mc.385523$Pk3.96738@pd7tw1no>...
> Christopher Nehren wrote:
> > On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 10:56:55 EDT, John D. Ward scribbled these
> > curious markings:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Speaking of that, if you kill a ghost, what's the probability that they
> > drop items?
>
> Zero I would expect, unless you run into a bug.
>
> Graeme Dice

Ghosts do not drop items. Otherwise there would be duplicates of
artifacts, or you could pull some really nice armor off of them.
Funnilly enough, if you died with a ring of teleportation on, your
ghost will teleport all over the place... last i can remember

Loonie

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2001

Loonie .-- .-. --- - . ---...

>> How do you kill, or otherwise deal with, the ghost of a previous character?
> The best IMO is to be Necromancer and cast Dispel Undead ;-)
> The description of ghost may be useful, i.e. to know what you can expect
> from the ghost, ghosts never follow you by stairs from my experience, so if
> you feel it's too hard for you, leave it alone and come back to the level
> later. When killed usually they give nice amount of experience so using a
> wand is not a bad idea (ghosts cannot be damaged by draining and pure cold
> <except Ice Bolt and Ice Storm spells I suppose> ).

Erratum - cold seem to affect player ghosts, well, they are some other kind
of undead.

--
Loonie
Violence is not an option - American History X

Latest posts