Status
Not open for further replies.

thedigitalrob

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010
Hello, I have a Dell Studio 1735 and it is not charging. I have purchased a new battery and also new power supplies and nothing works. It gives me a message saying something along the lines of this battery will not charge on this system. If anyone knows what is wrong and/or how to fix it I would be extremely happy.

Should I send the laptop into dell or try to fix it on my own?

G

"Should I send the laptop into dell or try to fix it on my own?"

It may be a problem with the power ciurcuitry on the motherboard so I think best left to Dell to fix unless your local repair guy can source the parts.

"Should I send the laptop into dell or try to fix it on my own?"

It may be a problem with the power ciurcuitry on the motherboard so I think best left to Dell to fix unless your local repair guy can source the parts.

+1 I have head issues about various laptops (like dell) where the motherboard stops regonizing the battery, this would be an issue with the circutry on the motherboard, it really cant be fixed without replacing the motherboard, which can be expensive. I know this is probably not the answer you are looking for though. If you really want to try something see if the battery contacts on the laptop part are dirty and clean them (with the system off).

If you have enough know how you can probably buy a replacement motherboard online if you computer is out of warranty and replace it yourself, with laptops it can be difficult so you are warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.